Pre-Season Friendlies

something else

I'm talking about in general smart arse. Oh and that didn't stop celtic playing yesterday or st johnstone playing last weeknd rolleyes.gif

Celtic played a reserve side and got fucked,which part of that should we have copied?

I'm talking about in general smart arse. Oh and that didn't stop celtic playing yesterday or st johnstone playing last weeknd rolleyes.gif

Not sure he is being a smart arse. Just stating a fact. We all thought we would still be in Europe, so when we were suddenly not, it was tough to organise. Still we got scudded from a strong Real Betis.

Celtic played a reserve side and got fucked,which part of that should we have copied?

Do you read posts before you quote them?

I never said we should copy anyone. I said we should play more friendly's down south against decent opposition. Never mentioned whether it was while we were in Europe or not.

Do you read posts before you quote them?

I never said we should copy anyone. I said we should play more friendly's down south against decent opposition. Never mentioned whether it was while we were in Europe or not.

Is it a game of football you are interested in or a jolly down south?Thats a few times you've lashed out because someone disagrees with you,maybe time to calm down a bit.

1407189541[/url]' post='418328']

Is it a game of football you are interested in or a jolly down south?Thats a few times you've lashed out because someone disagrees with you,maybe time to calm down a bit.

Can't speak for something else, but I think his point was quite obviously that we should be looking to test ourselves against the best possible opposition as possible in order to prepare ourselves for the season ahead. As mentioned, various other clubs are playing against decent/top sides from down south and indeed do so on a yearly basis. Regardless of how these matches go it must be good preparation for the players to play against sides like that AND it does add a bit of glamour for the club and the supporters.

• Like 1

Can't speak for something else, but I think his point was quite obviously that we should be looking to test ourselves against the best possible opposition as possible in order to prepare ourselves for the season ahead. As mentioned, various other clubs are playing against decent/top sides from down south and indeed do so on a yearly basis. Regardless of how these matches go it must be good preparation for the players to play against sides like that AND it does add a bit of glamour for the club and the supporters.

Exactly my point mate.

Why would playing a championship side away be any better preparation than playing a Championship or a La Liga side at home?

Because you can't go for a piss up at a closed door friendly. Let's face it -that's why people are upset about us not having English "away days".