Aberdeen V Motherwell 24/10/14

Yabba's Turd

Don't know if your at the wind up but I've always thought Kerr was a decent player who is wasted in the role he's asked to do .And like one or two others his confidence has suffered.

I was actually only half joking. I think he's probably been one of our best (or least worse) performers this year.

I think he's a decent young player (when played in his natural position) and has potential to turn into a key player for us. I'd be dropping McManus for him.

Not had the chance to comment on this one, but felt we went with a plan to be difficult to beat and then have a go later on, similarly to both our trips to Aberdeen last season. Unfortunately that plan didn't work because Stephen McManus neglected to put in a proper challenge in the lead up to the goal which left us chasing our tail. From then on the performance in stifling Aberdeen worked pretty well but we were fairly insipid going forward. Thinking that wasn't a bad idea and then have a go late on to try and square it. We just didn't have the impetus to do it.

Positives were that we kept Pawlett quieter, Aberdeen didn't get in behind us that often and we put in some good tackles after the early debacle.

Negatives were that we offered very little going forward, we didn't have the pace to cause any harm and we reverted to a hoof into an area far too often.

If we can take the sturdiness in defence to the next game and get to half time level at worst, we might then be in a position to take the game to someone.

1414315754[/url]' post='423689']

Not had the chance to comment on this one, but felt we went with a plan to be difficult to beat and then have a go later on, similarly to both our trips to Aberdeen last season. Unfortunately that plan didn't work because Stephen McManus neglected to put in a proper challenge in the lead up to the goal which left us chasing our tail. From then on the performance in stifling Aberdeen worked pretty well but we were fairly insipid going forward. Thinking that wasn't a bad idea and then have a go late on to try and square it. We just didn't have the impetus to do it.

Positives were that we kept Pawlett quieter, Aberdeen didn't get in behind us that often and we put in some good tackles after the early debacle.

Negatives were that we offered very little going forward, we didn't have the pace to cause any harm and we reverted to a hoof into an area far too often.

If we can take the sturdiness in defence to the next game and get to half time level at worst, we might then be in a position to take the game to someone.

Yes, his slip didn't help either, Fraser Kerr's failure to hold the line is every bit as bad.