Exciting Times At Fir Park

GazzyB

The last few months have been the worst at Fir Park in a good few years. From the uncertainty of the future of the club to being managerless, and now we have a definitive answer in terms of our future and a manager with a decent (albeit short) track record and potentially great connections down south. Would urge anybody who hasn't yet to watch the Futbal Mondial clip about him, he comes across as really enthusiastic and a very nice guy.

We're certainly not out of the woods yet, the next few weeks will be crucial, but great to finally have a bit of excitement and optimism after the past few weeks thumbup.gif

• Like 2

Understand why people are wary (and it's good that people are) given recent events at other clubs but Les easily has the wherewithal to buy the club by the front door if he wanted - but he wants to help the community to achieve this for themselves and unite behind the club. There's a long interview with Les that will be going on our website soon where he explains his motivations. his track record in philanthropic ventures is also easily viewable online. We had a lawyer (a member) go over the MOU (for free) and it sets out clearly that the well society will take control when Les's loan to the club is paid back. The club's lawyers have also gone over it obviously. Les was initially just going to gift us money but he realised that might not be enough so he looked at other ways to help, and we ended up with this deal through circumstances including the financial pressures facing the club. The fact that he is in control of the club at the start is a positive as he has very valuable expertise and drive that can help the club get back on an even keel. It's a big challenge and his input allows the fans some time - and much insight - to work out the best way to run the club after his involvement ends.

• Like 2

Understand why people are wary (and it's good that people are) given recent events at other clubs but Les easily has the wherewithal to buy the club by the front door if he wanted - but he wants to help the community to achieve this for themselves and unite behind the club. There's a long interview with Les that will be going on our website soon where he explains his motivations. his track record in philanthropic ventures is also easily viewable online. We had a lawyer (a member) go over the MOU (for free) and it sets out clearly that the well society will take control when Les's loan to the club is paid back. The club's lawyers have also gone over it obviously. Les was initially just going to gift us money but he realised that might not be enough so he looked at other ways to help, and we ended up with this deal through circumstances including the financial pressures facing the club. The fact that he is in control of the club at the start is a positive as he has very valuable expertise and drive that can help the club get back on an even keel. It's a big challenge and his input allows the fans some time - and much insight - to work out the best way to run the club after his involvement ends.

Decent article Here on previous philanthropic ventures.

I heard his interview with BBC Scotland on the way to Saturday's game and he came across very well. Worth listening to if it's on their website - even if it is just for the bit about Flow being flown out to Barbados today.

That made me chuckle somewhat.

The interview was excellent; comes across very well and emphasised as much as he could how he wanted to work with everyone in the local community to make sure that the plan happens within 5 years.

Jane Lewis was very direct and to the point with the questions she put to him (I believe she's a 'Well fan?) as was Richard Gordon.

Like it's already been said; very exciting times for the club and having only been to 3 games since August (Saturday being my first since St Mirren on the opening day) for a number of different reasons, the excitement/positivity that should come from this may well see me back more often.

1418600058[/url]' post='427159']

I would be optimistic, but I'm wary of the input from our new benefactor, could be an attempt to buy the club by the back door.

If that ultimately was the outcome, would it be a great problem

After this period the club need to find a way of selling well soc to the community, not saying they haven't tried but there seems a great deal of apathy out there, bu t who knows what can happen in 5 years

I think the future of the club is looking very good and positive

as what happens on the pitch that's football and it's a funny old game (say they say)

I can recall how close Motherwell came to going bust so I will always be glad there is a team on the pitch even though they don't get a result (a bad result is better than no result)

the future s bright the future is claret and amber