Willie Collum

chummy

Also sitting in the POD. From what I saw Laing misjudged the flight of the ball allowing the forward to get in front of him. Then, in the act of falling, he made sure the player was going no further. A clear foul which left the referee to decide which colour of card. Being Collum he couldn't get the red card out quick enough. Influenced by the McManus one being overturned? Probably.

Also, Laing made no protest when the foul was given and even turned meekly towards the referee, perhaps expecting a yellow. He only became "amazed" when he saw Collum reaching for the red card.

Collum is an inept, attention seeking waste of space and as usual he made many strange decisions throughout the game, going against both teams. But, as far as the ordering off goes, reluctantly I have to say that I can understand why he showed the red card.

it's all about opinions I guess

Also sitting in the POD. From what I saw Laing misjudged the flight of the ball allowing the forward to get in front of him. Then, in the act of falling, he made sure the player was going no further. A clear foul which left the referee to decide which colour of card. Being Collum he couldn't get the red card out quick enough. Influenced by the McManus one being overturned? Probably.

Also, Laing made no protest when the foul was given and even turned meekly towards the referee, perhaps expecting a yellow. He only became "amazed" when he saw Collum reaching for the red card.

Collum is an inept, attention seeking waste of space and as usual he made many strange decisions throughout the game, going against both teams. But, as far as the ordering off goes, reluctantly I have to say that I can understand why he showed the red card.

it's all about opinions I guess

From what i heard at the game and from the posts on this forum, i suspect that the opinion of a lot of well fans is that Collum is a feckin useless wee knob, and arguably the worst referee in the country, Fifa list standard, the SFA are having a laugh :nod:

By the letter of the law Laings challenge is actually only a yellow.

Denying a goal scoring opportunity = Yellow. Denying a GOAL = Red Card

So if Laing handled on the line or brought him dwn after he had rounded the keeper,THEN its a Red,unfortunately nowadays Its down to interpretation and refs ultimately make a cunt of it!

According to Law 12 (from what I can see) both of the following are Red Card offences:

- Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

- Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick