Upcoming Podcast Guest Andrew Wilson 16/2/15

Yabba's Turd

Flow shared that the board was becoming more involved in the day to day running of the club.

So, would you have been able to commit to any extra workload around your 9-5 job?

Were you given the option to remain on the board? Or did you have step down to let Les even it up with some of his own people?

With increased involvement, if you did remain what agenda/area/project would you have liked to pursue as your baby?

Interesting points, certainly what stood out for me were Jay's about alcohol and subtext and seemingly unrelated issues with the SFA. When you think about them combined it does bring it all into a context. I agree it should be articulated further.

Second was the fact that Andrew wasn't being partizan about the alcohol debate which in this day and age is refreshing (even if he's no longer in frontline politics). Showed a degree of maturity that sadly is in short supply. Also in the way he was diplomatic about some of the more short tempered and impatient among our own support.

Third was what Derek Weir has done behind the scenes which goes beyond what I think a lot of people would do or expect him to. Hopefully the explanation of the budgeting should put to bed some of the more knee jerk comments levelled on here.

Finally, the Well Society. I have been critical (with a number of others) over the communication disseminated especially back in December and pushed repeatedly for an update as the deal went through in January. However in the intervening 4 weeks I've not kept this up. While I don't think it's a place an ordinary member should be to act as a cattle prod, I also think that until this body can be proactive rather than reactive it's something that needs to be done until someone there takes full responsibility. Over to that thread now to rattle the cage.

Interesting points, certainly what stood out for me were Jay's about alcohol and subtext and seemingly unrelated issues with the SFA. When you think about them combined it does bring it all into a context. I agree it should be articulated further.

Always good to hear you've made a point that folk take note of! I've went into a bit further today here.

Good read, thought you may have directly cited the SFA Euro Qualifier prices like you did in the podcast though.

Although I didn't go into great detail, I do mention the SFA's recent attempts to rip off Scotland fans with ticket prices.

Just caught up on the podcast today. Another good listen guys, well done.

Jays points on the alcohol ban and the wider issues of improving the whole match day experience were well put.

It really seems that the club are open to ways to improve the experience of attending a match - alcohol at games and safe standing (see Flow's tweets the last week).