Whats Happened To The 'well Boys?

Big Stall

Simple they stand at the END of the East stand - I am sure when they grow up it will be changed.

Surely it should be the Eastsecondsectionfromtheend Baby Crew then? :O

Whatever the reason, it's a horrendous name.

Clearly a rip off of our Motherwell Ultras group, the Southside Toddler Force.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's the wider issue that, due to seating, there have been no role models for young fans to follow in the ways of being a fan. When I started going on the terraces I was 14 and aspired to be up the back of the choir. I hung about on the fringes and learned how to behave at matches through watching the older guys and eventually being accepted in through regular attendance and getting my face known, going to away games and generally worming my way in with group.

When seating was forced upon us that signalled the end of the choir, there was no focal point where fans would gather, consequently there was no ladder to work your way up. More importantly younger fans coming through didn't get to learn the ways of a football crowd, what songs were deemed acceptable, the kind of beahviour which would be frowned upon by the older guys.

These youngsters now are trying to recreate those days in a way but have no role models to point them on a path, all the auld yins on here slag them but they've had to make it up as they go along without the benefit of our experiences. I learned hunners about behaviour at games and whilst it was a different era, the basic principles of getting behind the team whilst not making yirsel look stupid with shite songs or patter were learned from those above me in the pecking order.

Sadly there's no-one going to show the way, the auld yins are too busy slagging Fizzy to bother with creating an atmosphere, very few want to get involved in standing up to the stewards leaving them isolated and probably feeling let down. I know if I needed a hand at any time there would be a good few ready to help me out back then, now it's every man for himself. I don't see the youngsters ever being allowed to recreate the atmospheres we used to enjoy, that's a thing of the past but hopefully they'll think more about the 'unacceptable' part of their behaviour which has some of us cringing. Not because it's young guys patter, it's just not funny I have to say, but like I say you have to learn these things through time and it's harder to do that on your own.

Am I the only one who thinks the Eastend Baby Crew is an absolutely hilarious name?

I just poo'd a little bit laughing at it. ;)

What a bunch of tits!

And what was the deal with the '86 after the wellboys? They all look like they were born in the 90's.

What a massive fail from everyone involved.

I think the name of the group also prohibits some older members joining the group as how many folk would want to be known as being in a "baby crew" and I think the word boys didn't help the Well Boys as both a section of the fans and the club didn't give enough of their members enough respect as a number of them were more mature than the "boys" tag suggested.

I also wanna say how disappointed I am in hearing the Well Boys have folded. Whilst they didn't appeal to everyone at no point could anyone question their loyalty to supporting the club. I had hoped the meeting with the club officials would've led to a bit of come and go from both sides and would've been beneficial for both sides in the long run.

What a bunch of tits!

And what was the deal with the '86 after the wellboys? They all look like they were born in the 90's.

I assume it refers to the 86 in 1886 the year our club was formed?

What a bunch of tits!

Must say firstly what an absolute disgrace I think you are as a well fan.

I was not in anyway connected to the wellboys or indeed the Eastend group but am full of praise for them and what they are/were trying to do at Motherwell. What possible harm can a bunch of young lads be doing having a sing song and a jump about at games. I’m now in my mid 30’s and sadly to old for that now but raises a smile and a laugh at times listening to their banter.(at times poor, but who cares?)

What makes you think you have any right to slag off fellow fans or laugh at the demise of a supporters group?

If anything you are they type of person I would do away with from our support.

You torn faced miserable bast*rd.

I was not in anyway connected to the wellboys or indeed the Eastend group but am full of praise for them and what they are/were trying to do at Motherwell. What possible harm can a bunch of young lads be doing having a sing song and a jump about at games. I'm now in my mid 30's and sadly to old for that now but raises a smile and a laugh at times listening to their banter.(at times poor, but who cares?)

What makes you think you have any right to slag off fellow fans or laugh at the demise of a supporters group?

Spot on mate, and well said.

I find the new name funny, but that adds to the character of it.

Absolute belter of a post Matt

Agreed.

I was also drawn to the Choir in my early teens, (mid 1970's), standing on the lower steps taking the lead from the older guys up the back of the shed and gradually moving up the steps until I was one of the older guys up the back.

There was a self-policing pecking order where the younger guys followed the older guys. That is clearly not the case these days.

Sorry to hear about the Well Boys though .................. good effort nonetheless guys :cheers:

I was not in anyway connected to the wellboys or indeed the Eastend group but am full of praise for them and what they are/were trying to do at Motherwell. What possible harm can a bunch of young lads be doing having a sing song and a jump about at games. I'm now in my mid 30's and sadly to old for that now but raises a smile and a laugh at times listening to their banter.(at times poor, but who cares?)

absoulutly spot on mate! Agree with everything you said there :D

Motherwell fans are capable of creating an amazing atmosphere, with people slagging groups of supporters out there bringing back atmosphere and colour to Fir Park and at all matches shouldnt call there selfs motherwell supporters, some supporters are going well out of there way to make a big diffrence in the clubs atmosphere and colour and games and miserable supporters are on here slagging them. :cheers:

Take it yous all want YOUR team to be known as "shite fans no songs" ayee ?? Seriously think about it before you leave a pathethic post about slagging your own clubs supporters!! :huh:

FFS stop being so fuckin serious the boys no matter what they are called are just doing what they feel adds to the football for them and thier club.

I wish i still had the inclination or the energy to put that into the Well these days.

Bring back the Shed and the singing from the 80,s and all the shit and scuffles that went with it without all this PC shite nowadays.

see if we do a poll, would ye consider changing your name?!? :huh:

OBV NOT!! we are not going to change our name because pathetic fans are slaging the name of a supporters group at there OWN CLUB :cheers: actually couldnt give a f*** tbh its just a name int it.

FFS stop being so fuckin serious the boys no matter what they are called are just doing what they feel adds to the football for them and thier club.

I wish i still had the inclination or the energy to put that into the Well these days.

Bring back the Shed and the singing from the 80,s and all the shit and scuffles that went with it without all this PC shite nowadays.

another spot on comment mate :huh: See there are real fans out ther, who are actually concerned about the amosphere at games, others slag ther own clubs supporters group. :cheers:

Would it not have been better to have "East Stand" as opposed to "East End" which makes me think of either Celtic or, at a push, Dunfermline?

fair point tbh, Eastend Babycrew sounds better than Eaststand and also if you said Eaststand its sounds as if we own it or that the group sit all over the East Stand, as in Eastend it describes we sit at a end of the East Stand which we do :cheers: