Fitness Coach

alls_well

Good question. Haven't noticed him at half time either.

One of my pet hates which he addressed last year. Our subs strolling around playing keepie uppie or long passie when every other team has had their subs working hard, warming up. He had them out warming up.

Unfortunately this year it seems to be back to the strolling around nonsense and he hasn't been around.

We are far fitter than last season which brings us up to a par with most of our competitors. Was good to see Ainsworth pelting back in the 90th minute on Saturday.

I think folk (myself included) were expecting to see a difference in fitness like we did after Mark McGhee's 1st pre-season where McGarry looked a stone lighter, and Jim Patterson was 2 stone lighter. We also came flying out the traps at love street.

Perhaps our rivals have come along in this department too?

I don't think fitness is an obvious issue at the moment though, whereas at this point last year it was clearly an issue, so that represents progress to me.

Nope, just thought he looked as if losing a few pounds wouldnt hurt him (people in glass houses and all that :ph34r: )

I hadn't really noticed.

Doesn't look like the sort of guy that would put on weight and I've seen him out running himself in uddingston, so I doubt he's lazy (or he'd not be doing this off his own back (is it back or bat?))

Effectively though, you know nothng about the fitness of the players.

Never said I did to be fair...all I meant to infer was that in today's game any chat about a fitness coach and his impact on the team is perfectly valid. It read like you were meaning that the whole 'fitness thing' was a load of baws. It's clearly not as majority of top flight teams have a sports science department.

If you meant you hate peoples views on fitness based on what they see on the park, because they don't see players train etc and aren't in a position to judge then that's not what I was commenting on.

What I would say, is that it does seem we are fitter than the start of last season. We appear to have more players lasting 90 mins while working harder throughout. My view may be skewed though by seeing Vigurs blowing out his arse after 25mins at the start of last season!

Get the squad doon my back garden for a bleep test to sort this oot!

• Like 1

Never said I did to be fair...all I meant to infer was that in today's game any chat about a fitness coach and his impact on the team is perfectly valid. It read like you were meaning that the whole 'fitness thing' was a load of baws. It's clearly not as majority of top flight teams have a sports science department.

If you meant you hate peoples views on fitness based on what they see on the park, because they don't see players train etc and aren't in a position to judge then that's not what I was commenting on.

What I would say, is that it does seem we are fitter than the start of last season. We appear to have more players lasting 90 mins while working harder throughout. My view may be skewed though by seeing Vigurs blowing out his arse after 25mins at the start of last season!

Get the squad doon my back garden for a bleep test to sort this oot!

Ye more that, A public bleep test would sort it oot!