Who's Going To Be Mcghee's Assistant?

stuwell

who's going to be McGhee's ass, his No2 or whatever you want to call him?

Possible choices are:

Robinson - in the post at the moment (or has he left? Not quite sure)

Leitch- previous experience with him but haven't worked together since Aberdeen - McGhee didn't involve him at Bristol, any reason?

Craigen - possibly could be groomed to take over in 18 months?

A.N.other

Should be Craigan with a view to a seamless transition when McGhee leaves.....

If I was Craigan, I'd be sticking to my U20s and telly duties. All the enjoyment of coaching, no real pressures of management and a nice number being a pundit.

Best he can hope for in managing our club is a year or two of success then getting punted like every other manager.

• Like 1

Rumours that there were long negotiations over who was to be number 2. McGhee wanted leitch - the club don't. Either the club want to keep leitch in his current role with the youths or don't fancy him as assistant manager. Also leitch has made a lot of enemies over the years, although that maybe the type of character needed to help get us out the shit

Seen Gordon Young the ex head of youth who went to scout for Sheffield United for a couple of years has went to Dundee United as Mixu's assistant would've been a good one for us to get IMO

Aye, could've got some insight into what's going on behind the scenes over a few pints in the Electric

Lasleys a terrible shout for assistant manager. A great player and a great servant, but I've never liked the idea of a player moving into coaching with the same set of players who would have been his team mates.

We've already got a culture of jobs for the boys here, last thing we need is more of it.

Plus Lasleys still one of our most valuable players, not the time to be stepping back from playing in my opinion.

• Like 1

Lasleys a terrible shout for assistant manager. A great player and a great servant, but I've never liked the idea of a player moving into coaching with the same set of players who would have been his team mates.

We've already got a culture of jobs for the boys here, last thing we need is more of it.

Plus Lasleys still one of our most valuable players, not the time to be stepping back from playing in my opinion.

Agree with every word until the last sentence...he's done, been past it for almost 2 seasons now