*** Statto Alert *** Cove Rangers V Motherwell 1986 Info. Required

Andy_P

I've been in contact with a couple of (very very helpful) Cove Rangers fans for some stuff for the programme next week.

Whilst in discussion one of the gents asked if I could shed some light on a pre-season game we played against them in mid-80's. Beyond what he knew already from 'Well Again I was able to tell him Andy Walker scored twice but ideally he's after teams, subs, times of goals if anyone might have it scribbled down somewhere.

I'm wondering if the likes of Brainier, Keith Brown, Graham Barnstaple, Rickoza or indeed any of our resident stattos (regular posters or lurkers) might be able to assist.

All info gratefully received!

Cheers for checking Ya Bezzer!

I think it's a tall order and would probably need someone to have been there and taken note of the details for their own records.

I have team-lines away up in boxes in the old man's loft from when my obsession was at it worst where I attended games against the likes of Stonehouse, Darvel and on Highland tours. But this particular one was just a couple of years before I started jotting things like that down.

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of ECOSSE1991,thanks

Cove Rangers v Motherwell Sunday 27 July 1986, Allan Park, 3pm ko.

Squad;

Maxwell, Wishart, Murray, McStay, Boyd, Kennedy, Mair, Gahagan, Kirk, Reilly, Walker, Smith, Griffin, Dornan, McBride, James O'Hare (19 year old midfielder), Gerry Allan (20 year old sweeper).

30 page programme, 30p.

Motherwell were the first senior team to play Cove since they were accepted into the Highland League.

3 years earlier Cove were playing in the Amateur League, season 85-86 they were playing Junior football and now in 86-87 competing at senior level.

• Like 1