Europe

maxywell

Sod's law would be that we get fourth place and then Celtic lose the cup final.

I would take that to be honest. We would get more money for the higher league finish a and while I like the idea of us playing European football, the truth is that it is so early in the season we have little chance of getting to the stages where we actually make some money out of it.

One game at a time though. Let's fight and scrape for every point from now until the end of the season and see where it gets us.

At any rate Celtic's recent Hampden record would suggest it was a long shot!

Also true! I know it's fans nature to look ahead, but I'll still be happy if we finish 10th or higher.

If we make the top 6 then that is a hell of an effort after the way we started the season. Even McGhee earlier in the season said it would be "a miracle".

Watching the highlights, we weren't great today. We'll need to step up a gear if we are to keep the run going. What was encouraging, though, was the players' reaction to the goal and the win. I don't think I have seen them celebrate so much since the playoff win. Looks like a great team spirit again, and that alone can put a few extra points on the board.

Madness that this is even a discussion point considering where we were about 7/8 weeks ago.

For me, it still feels very unlikely but the momentum is with us as the form team in the league.

Not going to get excited (I've no chance of being there anyway as I get married in the summer and go straight off on honeymoon) but like Lobey, I think we will need minimum 3 wins post split to secure it.

Europe could be an expense we can do without this year. I'd rather see any extra money we make if we finish in the top six go towards improving the squad rather than being used up on flights and hotels to some far flung place - or places - only to see us get get pumped out before we make any cash.

Europe could be an expense we can do without this year. I'd rather see any extra money we make if we finish in the top six go towards improving the squad rather than being used up on flights and hotels to some far flung place - or places - only to see us get get pumped out before we make any cash.

This rhetoric took the joy out of recent European 'campaigns'. Obscure trips to Russia aside, there is income to be made from gate receipts and prize money.

That diddy mob from Iceland went on to play Lech Poznan and Inter Milan. That would have been 2 full houses at Fir Park with low travel costs. Add in possible TV income and that would have set us up well for the future.

The downside is that our first game would be 30th June.

Given where we are now and the likelihood that we'll be fighting it out with teams like Ross County & St Johnstone for that 4th spot, I'd actually be slightly disappointed if we didn't get into Europe next year...

It's a fair point actually. If we do make the top 6, and I think we will now, then the teams in 4/5/6 will be so tight that there is no reason we can't finish 4th.

The Celtic double looks very likely. Aberdeen aren't winning the league, Rangers are shipping three goals a game in the lower league, Dundee United are terrible and Hibs are Hibs.

The race for fourth should make an entertaining end to the season.

It's not important for Celtic to win the league, just the Cup. I think!

This rhetoric took the joy out of recent European 'campaigns'. Obscure trips to Russia aside, there is income to be made from gate receipts and prize money.

That diddy mob from Iceland went on to play Lech Poznan and Inter Milan. That would have been 2 full houses at Fir Park with low travel costs. Add in possible TV income and that would have set us up well for the future.

The downside is that our first game would be 30th June.

couldnt agree more about sone fans attitude to europe and also the clubs in the last couple of seasons we were in it. we treated it like friendlies which is ridiculous. what is the point of playing football? I was so gutted when I saw the draws the iceland mob got. what an experience that would have been inter milan at fir park and us at san siro. and for all that were in nancy Im sure some would say it was the best 2 days ever supporting the well. yes better than cup final win and we got beat. europe should be magical for us but I feel the club fukd it up a few times with prices. nancy full.odense full when tix were about a tenner I think.levante to qualify for group stages $25 6500 at it says it all I think.

I think we just massively underestimated the Icelandic team. If we did manage to get into the Europa League, McGhee would likely take it extremely seriously.

Partly, they put out Lech Poznan after us but still we were 2-0 up in that game early on and we should have gone through. I've said it before and I'll say it again we were very poorly prepared for that match and the start of the season in general and that has to fall on McCall.

We then lost 10 out of our next 13 matches so it was no one off!

We're asking a lot. There is the width of a fag packet between the teams not yet confirmed in the top six so we would have to hope that as well as being the form team in the back end of February and March that this continues into April and May. It might do but how the season has panned out up and down the league suggests it won't. However as Mitch said considering at about 19:45 on 16 February we hadn't won in weeks, were sitting 11th and our last game was an absolute shocker against Kilmarnock so us even discussing this is just surreal.

Just to get ahead of myself here.......if we finish 4th and Celtic win the cup we will start out season in the Europa League Qualifying Rd. 1 on 30th June. Return leg a week later.

Yes. Right in the middle of the European Championships.

How would that have worked if Scotland had qualified?

I think we just massively underestimated the Icelandic team. If we did manage to get into the Europa League, McGhee would likely take it extremely seriously.

Nancy - change to an unrecognizable shape, no shots on goal - seriously?

• Like 1