Motherwell V East Stirlingshire 26/7/16

ChrisMFCfan1886

Just looked at his Soccerbase page from last season. It's criminal we didn't use last season to loan him out and get him playing week in, week out. After his start against Morton in September, where he played 57 minutes, he didn't feature for longer than half an hour the rest of the season. He didn't play a single minute between October and January. For the little we used him last season, he clearly was dispensable at the time and we should have used it to get him experienced. Definitely missed a trick there, when a year later he's no further on, maybe even backwards from where he was.

If you look at Rangers results coming up through the leagues (and even in this very group) the 4,5,6... Nil hammerings were few and far between.

Teams are normally well organised and focused when they come up against bigger better sides, and that's what we were up against last night.

We struggle to break down premier league teams when they do this to us, so a 3-0 win is a good result, and from the 1st goal it was never in doubt.

I was personally advocating id have took cadden off after the first half well during it last 30 minutes he looked a player but worrying stuff from him for the majority of that game

Marv is quickly proving how good he is hope we keep him for this season. Hes our best player by far

We do miss moult and to end on a positive chalmers looked solid and looked a lot fitter than last season. He showed a willingness to tackle and pass forwards and mark was really impressed by him against east stirling and rangers.

Also new signings all look good (heneghans poor passes aside)

Watching the highlights I was really encouraged by some of the passing play we had, particularly during that first spell in the first half. The end product still needs a bit of work, but as far as I can tell there was a real effort to spray passes about and for our forward three to interlink - no doubt the usual long ball shite will set in by mid November but nice to look at for a wee while anyway...

A lot of what I was gonna say has been said.

I thoguth Clay was decent. nice few touches and loved a pass and move.

Dom Thomas should have been loaded out a year or two ago.

Skippy and Hammell gonna be the boo boys choices this year?

I was surprised Thomas wasn't loaned out when McGhee came in. I remember in one of his first interviews after re-joining, McGhee was talking about how useful it was for players to be loaned out to help them develop, and Thomas was one of the names he mentioned as a candidate.

Was fully expecting to see him loaned out this season. Of course, there is still time for that.

I think he has suffered a bit from being close enough to the first team to want to keep him involved, but not getting enough game time to see how he develops.

I don't think Heneghan will be a stranger to a yellow card the way he played that game!

What I've taken from what I've seen of Heneghan thus far is that I think he's going be a real asset for us when it comes to corners and set-pieces when he's in the opposition box. He's definitely earmarked for this season's anytime scorer.