New Assistant Manager

middleeastdave

Thought it was a strange appointment when I first heard yesterday and was initially underwhelmed.

However over the course of the day I think it is a pretty cheap gamble. As others have said, McGhee is a very experienced manager whose requirement of an assistant will be to be a good coach, someone to bounce ideas off etc. Thinking back to when we beat Celtic 2-1 just after he came back first time, he ran the length of the pitch to tell Randy where to put a goal kick - within twenty seconds the ball was in their net. The boy can read the game and can show the players a tonne of stuff. It is also a great opportunity for him to work with a manager who really knows his stuff. Only Rodgers in the current top flight has more experiences behind him, so he has every chance to develop as a coach too. So after some thought I think this is a clever win win that I can only see being beneficial for the current squad as individuals, Motherwell as a club and McFadden as a person.

• Like 8

Said before with the onset of fan ownership, we need to look at appointing McGhee as (manager/Alex Ferguson role)and look at progressive ways we can grow the club within the restraints we will undoubtedly face.

I'm pretty sure that item number 1 on McGhee's five year action plan is:

1./ by 2021 be earning at least double at a club bigger than Motherwell.

• Like 1