• Keith Lasley
    • Joe Chalmers
    • Craig Clay
    • Scott McDonald
    • Chris Cadden
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Null Vote

Yes, Samson parried a few shots into Celtic players areas but by fuck he was worked hard last night. He was the only player, and I mean the only player, that came away with any credit.

The defence were all over the place, the midfield completely non-existant and Johnson and Skippy utterly ineffective

I think you can excuse Johnson and McDonald to an extent as they were so isolated from the rest of the team, they had a thankless task. Cadden managed to drag us up the field a couple of times but picked the wrong option on occasions but having said that, there weren't too many options open to him.

I agree about Samson though. He made some errors last night, but overall did more good than bad which you can't say about the rest of the team...

I disagree with that statement. I was happy when we signed him and felt he was a step up from Dan/Gunner. However from this season so far he's not showing hes a capable keeper.

Did he make some great saves last night? Certainly and probably one of he only players to do something productive.

But he also made so many saves because he palmed the first save into the middle of the box. At least two of the goals came from this. Furthermore he wasn't the most competent against Killie with some manic moves.

I feel at the end of the season we will have conceded a fair amount due to his ineptitude. I feel we have signed Graham Smith II. Great saves and stupid mistakes all in one.

With all due respect there seems to be a lot of obfuscation there. It's a simple question really, who was our best player on the night?

I've voted many players MotM that I didn't especially rate down the years, including Graeme Smith, because on a particular 90 minutes they were the best we had.

You are on dangerous ground when you start to ignore reality.

As for Samson, Annan Athletic's goal doesn't spring immediately to mind but I wouldn't blame Samson for any other goal conceded this season.

• Like 2

Samson repeatedly palming it to opposition players was hideous. I'm full willing to admit my naivety re Samson prior to his signing, and thought people may be overtly negative, but lord that is a poor attribute for a keeper.

Not even close to the worst on the pitch but to class him as best is blinkered at the least. Still, prevented a flood of goals despite those he gifted. No answer