Scottish Premiership Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 13 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Unlike Kilmarnock last week St. Johnstone have a strong midfield so we are going to have to do better in that area of the pitch.

Though we played quite well but central midfield was fairly anonymous. Saints won't let us get away with that like Kilmarnock did.

4 points after 2 matches wouldn't be a disaster.

First time I'll have been at Fir Park for a league game since John Ruddy was in goals. 2-1 to us!

Well I do hope it ends in a win, which I am semi confident, as despite being grubbed midweek, I honestly don't think we are that a bad side and will compete with all sides apart from OF and once Moult gets back, I think we will win more than we loose.

So, to clarify, is Chalmers the new Josh Law or is it Clay?

I don't feel that enough of a boo boy consensus has been reached yet, and we're a full game into the league season.

I will call it is I see it on the day. Not pre judging his actual performance (he has actually been pretty steady thus far) but Chalmers does give me the fear...mainly due to his lack of pace and strength in the tackle. The problem. is...who else do we play at left back? I wouldn't move Johnson back there as he is too important elsewhere. Did we put in an untried U20? Maybe but risky also.

I can't see us going with anything else but the below with McHugh, Hammel and Moult out.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Chalmers

Cadden Lasley Clay

Ainsworth Skippy Johnson

I think it will be enough to win by a goal.

• Like 1

We're gonna get gubbed today 3-1 Saints followed by at least 3 at Ibrox next week. Another tough fingernail biting season ahead as we haven't improved one bit and even McGoo hinted that we'll suffer some heavy defeats again this season.

Someone fall out with all his pals during the summer holidays?

Typical Motherwell v St Johnstone fare...a share of the goals and a narrow win, hopefully for us. Really looking forward to getting back into it!

We're gonna get gubbed today 3-1 Saints followed by at least 3 at Ibrox next week. Another tough fingernail biting season ahead as we haven't improved one bit and even McGoo hinted that we'll suffer some heavy defeats again this season.

League matchday 2 today. Even if we do get beaten today it's far too early to guess how the team and season is going to pan out.

- Our topscorer from last season out with injury. Even when he is fit it will take him in to late September to be match fit probably.

- Out new backup striker has been out with injury. Leaves no real tested option other then Skippy up front supported by 2 wingers.

- New players still bedding in to the team and the opposition they come up against. Especially key as Tait/Clay/Heneghan have came up from a lower level. Much like Johnson it will take a while for them to get used to better opposition.

- McGhee hinting a few loans out and someone else in in the recent press conference. So, squad not yet finalised. Key players may also leave.

So, even if we do get beaten today I will reserve judgement until the end of September or thereabouts.

• Like 1