Historical Crowds

Lukemfc1

I was disappointed in yesterday's crowd but after Wednesday's performance I could see why some chose not to go. We've generally been getting around 3500 home fans this season but seem to be down 500 on the strength of one very poor performance.

FWIW: The same fixture last season (match week 7) which followed a 1-0 win against Killie was 3545.

Yes ..........why are we opening a stand that hold over 4800 fans for teams that don't bring any where near that ?????

Out with the old firm why do we open both tiers to the historical bigger clubs Sheep/ Hertz????

I wonder how much money we are shelling out for stewards to manage diddy crowds in a massive stand where they could be shepherd easily into wings of the main stand

When we go away we are corralled into sections of the away stand............yet we give away crowds the run of the whole/ lower tier of the south stand!!!!!!!!

With fan ownership I would imagine that every penny is going to spent providing the best value........which will again open the argument how much do we give to the bigot brothers........south stand / cooper etc etc and how much longer can we keep opening four stands with crowds below 4000 in a stadium that holds 13500 ???????

Delighted the club have kept the south stand open

keeps visitors away from the POD which has no segregation.

and stops feckin about the visitors, thats the away stand and thats where they should be.

biggest drop in crowds is visiting support, messing them about every visit isnt encouraging, dont suppose the gate prices coudld be reviewed soon?

and stops feckin about the visitors, thats the away stand and thats where they should be.

biggest drop in crowds is visiting support, messing them about every visit isnt encouraging, dont suppose the gate prices coudld be reviewed soon?

Yes keep the 100 visitors happy as the club goes down the pan !!!!!!!

Without looking at figures too closely, I feel like we've lost 5-10% of our core support since the club started moaning about the cost of European football and then charged over the odds for the Starjnan debacle. In addition, the odd big game is less likely to attract the fairweather fans these days given the declining standard and profile of Scottish football.

I'd be interested to know how this years ST numbers (excluding the kids freebies) compare to the last 4/5 years. A number of regular faces from my area of the Cooper stand have disappeared. Whether that's down to the increase in ST price or not I don't know but as discussed in the summer, the package was becoming less appealing, particularly if you are nailed on to miss a few games.

Absolutely Iain. Small away crowds should be accommodated in the South Stand albeit in a restricted area. Imagine the outcry if the club were to allocate a portion of the Cooper or East Stand to away clubs. POD Stand patrons are no different to other Well fans.

I have to say yesterday is probably about the first time ever I actually felt that I couldn't be arsed going. And it was entirely because of Wednesday night's performance and I suspect if it had been raining or a bit colder i may not have bothered walking up but the last four days are exactly why football is encapsulating and unpredictable.

Our attendances are definitely going down in the East Stand, it's getting sparser week on week. Not confined to us though - I remember people being aghast that Thistle and St Johnstone were only getting 3k+ home fans about five years ago and now they are both sub 3k every week.

Absolutely Iain. Small away crowds should be accommodated in the South Stand albeit in a restricted area. Imagine the outcry if the club were to allocate a portion of the Cooper or East Stand to away clubs. POD Stand patrons are no different to other Well fans.

Restricted area ............exactly.........away from the East stand .......like we did for European games

Yet we are paying people to manage this and it would appear they don't have a clue......... 600 odd Accies fans come and we have stewards running about chasing Wee boys running towards the home fans.......with a bit of common sense better management this would not happen