Best Young Prospects ?

The wee man

Most would agree that we have problems at a) left centre half b) left back c) centre midfield.

Manager must be as aware of this as the supporters. Question is -are any of the u20s good enough to step up?

Unfortunately the answer at moment is probably no, apart from

- Jack McMillan, who already looks our best bet at left back.

- Barry Maguire, who as all the attributes to make a top centre half, albeit he is still probably a bit underdeveloped physically for the first team. However, his time will come, only a question of when. He,s miles ahead of where Ben Hall was ability wise at the same age.

At the moment, I don,t see any others ready to step up.

I would say for midfield the hope is Allan Campbell will develop into a top player i know that some of the older players have referred to him as younger type of Keith Lasley sort of player but with bags of ability as well. So i would guess the plan would be to try and have him integrated into the first team squad before the season is out.

First time I've seen McGuire's name mentioned, but we also have Hastie and Turbull.

I'm glad to see McLean getting game time this season, even if he doesn't become a regular starter and that will be difficult while Cadden plays at right midfield, we'll need strength in the wide positions if Ainsworth leaves at the end of his contract in June.

Realistically we know have young players ahead of more established ones, something we haven't seen since McGee's last spell.

McMillan ahead of Chalmers and perhaps Hammell, McLean ahead of Thomas and Ferguson ahead of Kennedy, who is zither that I just don't see getting a look in before his contract is up in June.

Realistically we know have young players ahead of more established ones, something we haven't seen since McGee's last spell.

Agree with all else you say other than this paragraph.....unless of course you mean McGhees last spell as the season just gone?

We had Cadds keeping Lionel out the team for much of last season and Hall had Laing and or Kennedy (granted less established) kicked to touch.

I would say for midfield the hope is Allan Campbell will develop into a top player i know that some of the older players have referred to him as younger type of Keith Lasley sort of player but with bags of ability as well. So i would guess the plan would be to try and have him integrated into the first team squad before the season is out.

Hype him up why don't you?

Jeezo, just when I think we're getting to the end of Lasleys career, we have a potential clone coming to take his place?

• Like 3

Agree completely about Campbell he's been thoroughly consistent in the centre of the park, is disciplined, keeps the game simple. He's a big part of how the current u20s side is playing through the midfield with him as an anchor.

I'm a big fan of Turnbull as well, he looks like a natural footballer (if that doesn't sound too daft). Good first touch, composed, plays with his head up and a bit of vision.

• Like 1