Belic

Wellfan84

Brill - injured for years.

Bowman - non league.

Heneghan - fair enough, and I'm delighted he's worked out well.

Belic - write off,

Blyth - write off.

Lucas - write off.

Would you like to argue any of those points?

Re Chalmers - I tipped him to come on to a game this season and prior to his injury, he did. I took some slating for that call at the time.

I don't mind guys like McHugh being posted missing due to injury, he took a bad one. I do mind us filling our squad with fragile players with next to zero track record.

Yeah sure.

Bowman wasn't in the 'established' list and your reason - he came from non league. Heneghan from Chester, Tait and Clay came from Grimsby...who were non league when they played for them last season. So that argument doesn't make sense. All have played a load of games for non league sides. They are all either established, or not.

Brill made nearly 50 appearances for Inverness in the same league as us over a 3 year period. The last year completely missed by injury. That's pretty good going for a non established player.

Belic. Cost us nothing. No risk. No loss there.

On Chalmers - is he a fragile player with zero track record? He sure is. If anything the fact we signed him as an injury prone player with zero record and he is now coming on to a game would mean we should keep the current injury prone players like Blyth and Lucas. No?

I'm fine with people having a different opinion on players and who as been good or not. But the argument being made needs to be consistent.

Re Chalmers - I tipped him to come on to a game this season and prior to his injury, he did. I took some slating for that call at the time.

You're going to need to show your working for this.

Was that in the League Cup game against Celtic where he played like he was wearing slippers and we lost 5-0? Or the St Johnstone game where they targeted him over and over because he can't tackle? Or the Rangers game where he let Kranjcar run away from him for the winner?

Have a look at the highlights from the games he's played, a sizable number of the goals we concede comes from him failing to make a tackle. Chalmers is in a weird nether zone just now where every week he isn't playing he becomes a better option. He's better this year, yes, but still miles from being a good option. I'd have McMillan ahead of him every day of the week.

Aye well I'll just go with his former pre injury. MOTM performances, looked like he was coming on to a game.

I can't believe people are defending our Daniel Prodan Memorial Squad. By the end of this season you'll be able to pick eight so-called first team squad players who won't total 50 appearances between them.

But naw, naw - pick on CMWELLFAN for pointing out our recruitment record is verging on Calamity Jane standard.

Welcome to Deadwood Stage.

Aye well I'll just go with his former pre injury. MOTM performances, looked like he was coming on to a game.

I can't believe people are defending our Daniel Prodan Memorial Squad. By the end of this season you'll be able to pick eight so-called first team squad players who won't total 50 appearances between them.

But naw, naw - pick on CMWELLFAN for pointing out our recruitment record is verging on Calamity Jane standard.

C'mon man - your arguments are all over the place.

Your original point was that we should have had 6 established players and 3 punts. But your definition of established wasn't consistent across the players you are talking about. Whether they are good enough players for Motherwell now that we have seen them is a different story. But to say it was 6 punts on non established players just isn't true by your own definition of established.

Then your talking about how we have filled the squad with fragile players with no track record and then later saying we should be resigning Chalmers who is always injured! If that's not irony I don't know what is.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have thought someone that obliterates Japanese troll squads would have been so precious, but I was just curious, tbh, who did he get MOTM against?