Malpas Speak About Itc V 'well Game.

stuwell

Here are a couple of his quotes and my thoughts:

Of course, I’m anxious to stuff Motherwell on Saturday. - Must be a hobby of his as he spent a whole season stuffing us.

I ........ had a fantastic time as manager, even though it was brief. - Many wish it had been briefer.

I’ve still got a lot of time for people at Fir Park... - Outwith the staff I can't see many people having time for him.

At least their players will be looking forward to playing on a half decent pitch. - Obviously he never seen the St Mirren cup game.

I think Kerr got his first start against Hibs last week.

Should be comedy gold up there with some of the shouts at Malpas and Kerr, then singing for Butcher and Foran.

"Your just a shite Keith Lasley" is one of the best songs I've ever heard at the football.

Before the game it would be worth applauding Terry and Richie, and giving major stick to Malpas and Kerr. After that the focus should be on supporting the current Well players and management.

He's going to have their players fired up for this on Saturday. Bollocks to all this still friendly shite he's been coming out with. The players who are here now, who were put through the crap he dreamt up during that damn awful season, should be busting a gut to get it over him.

Before the game it would be worth applauding Terry and Richie, and giving major stick to Malpas and Kerr. After that the focus should be on supporting the current Well players and management.

I can understand to a point why we would applaud Terry Butcher before the game, as he deserves a lot of respect from Motherwell fans for taking on that job on that darkest of days for the club and then leading us to two top six finishes and a Cup Final appearance. I was never TB's biggest fan as I wasn't convinced he was a particularly good tactical manager, but at the same time I liked having him at the club as he did bring something of a feel good factor to things.

However, why, someone PLEASE tell me WHY we should applaud Richie Foran before he takes to the field to play against us and possibly score against us and confine us to a defeat, which is what he will be aiming to do as an opposition player? Apart from that, what exactly did he do with us to merit this 'cult status'? I don't remember him being an especially brilliant player, more of a lazy bugger who chipped in with goals and was reliable from the penalty spot. Was it because he was 'a bit of a character' who enjoyed a good old bevy and could look after himself in a scrap? Sorry, but that does not merit us applauding or cheering him when he's playing against us. I'm not saying we should boo or abuse him either, but if our Cup Winning Captain, Tom Boyd didn't get applauded when playing against us, why should Richie Foran?

As for Malpas? Well he's a Pie.

I agree with MJC - Butcher, aye fair enough. Kerr & Malpas, nae chance.

And Foran? I don't quite get it. He was a mediocre footballer with just a knack for sticking a way a penalty, and is IMO the most over-rated Motherwell player in recent memory.

:( Have you forgot about the Flask ?

Ach, I wouldn't say he was actually "over-rated" though, it was more just unfounded optimism! People didn't look at his stats or his performances and try and claim he was a world-beater. Folk just thought "oh, there's a black man with a funny name coming to play with us - I bet he's magic". :lol: