Scottish Premiership Game 12: Ross County (A) 04/11/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Really poor and disappointing result and unfortunately our best chance, on paper at least, of getting points for the next 5 games! Could well still be sitting on the same points after Tynecastle as we are now! That would then be 7 defeats in a row!!!

You cant give a team a 3 goal start and then take anything from the game.

Of course weve been fantastic so far this season and the league table still looks more than acceptable but that first half today is criminal and thats whats ultimately cost us.

It's been patently obvious since the Queen's Park game and in almost every game since then that our one major weakness is the massive gaps left between our centrebacks and fullbacks. Haven't seen any of the goals we conceded today but wouldn't surprise me at all if at least one of them came as a result of that. I think 3-5-2 is probably overall the set-up that suits us most but could possibly do with some minor alterations, i.e asking Cadden to give Kipre a bit more protection.

Besides st johnstone game this our first real flop of the season. Disapointed to lose but still spirit there to get 2 goals back and robinson making a difference from the subs he made.

What i have noticed is our success streak revolved round using the same lineup every game with a settled defence and rose campbell and mchugh in the centre and using our impact subs to make a difference. Usually rose made way, past few games the line up has been different and doesnt surprise me we havent lived up to expectations. So many slate rose but he does so much good work and is better than bigi for starting a game, bigi is a creative impact sub in my opinion not a starter. we should start games with a team full of fight and make changes when required that was our winning formula.

Bowman and moult is a winning combo i wouldnt change that at any point its obvious moult likes playing beside him. Tanner is ok and useful to the team but i just cant see past our usual 2 strikers.

Keep the faith, im still very impressed with what we have acieved so far and having some blips like this is just part of it.

I think the back three is fine enough but I would run with two changes Hammell for Dunne and McHugh for Kipre and give that a go.

We chop and change the midfield when people haven't been playing well , it's now time for some changes here. Kipre has been at fault for at least four goals that I remember this season.

Decent shout but McHugh has to go from midfield before the Celtic match. Opponents with any forward momentum bypass him so easily it's frightening. Would give me major fear against a team of Celtic's calibre. Perhaps he might well be better in a deeper position.

In terms of the cup final I think if we have any chance we have to go four at the back because again Celtic will absolutely crucify us in those wide areas. Rangers should have done but didn't have either the quality or finishing to punish us but we were exposed repeatedly and looked very vulnerable. Celtic won't let us off the hook in those positions so its a no brainer.

Would be using Aberdeen away as a 'practice' match with 4 at the back. Worth noting that although 3 at the back has made a bit of a revival in Scottish football this season the three times Celtic dropped points it was against teams playing forms of 4-5-1.

Kipre is being hung out to dry. He's a massive guy who is being asked to go cover a huge area of the park as Cadden is constantly pushing up leaving acres of space between the two of them.

He played much better in the second half last week in a back four.

No Idea what the fuck we were playing in the first half. Robbo got seriously outcoached by Coyle today! We had Cadden playing so narrow and our tactics were shelling EVERY ball we got 60 yards upfield to Tanner. Coyle pushed Keilor-Dunn up against Kipre knowing Cadds was nowhere so big Cedric was toiling against 2 a lot of the time.

Our defending in the first half was less than amateurish, I have no idea why Bigi and Tanner were on the pitch? Bigi watched us shelling long balls over his head, or had to cover Rose and was like a headless chicken. And Tanner v Davis on long balls was laughable. We play like we are just now in the final and honestly Celtic will be close to double figures.

Btw, what the fuck is the young lads new song? Sounds like Katy Perry or something. That was about as brutal as our performance today

No Idea what the fuck we were playing in the first half. Robbo got seriously outcoached by Coyle today! We had Cadden playing so narrow and our tactics were shelling EVERY ball we got 60 yards upfield to Tanner. Coyle pushed Keilor-Dunn up against Kipre knowing Cadds was nowhere so big Cedric was toiling against 2 a lot of the time.

Our defending in the first half was less than amateurish, I have no idea why Bigi and Tanner were on the pitch? Bigi watched us shelling long balls over his head, or had to cover Rose and was like a headless chicken. And Tanner v Davis on long balls was laughable. We play like we are just now in the final and honestly Celtic will be close to double figures.

Btw, what the fuck is the young lads new song? Sounds like Katy Perry or something. That was about as brutal as our performance today

The problem with 4-4-2, as we saw so often last season, is that we get totally outplayed and outnumbered in the middle of the park. I think we have more chance with Campbell in the side given the ground he covers, but by protecting the flanks we weaken the middle.

Not that I have a better solution, but I've seen enough this season and with the way he approached the end of last to trust Robinson's judgement and ability to do what he thinks is needed to get the best out of the players he has.

Thats worrying to hear.

We MUST have been coached to target Ross County's right side today. Its the only explanation for the way we played. Cadden was so narrow and even on the odd time he was wide,nearly every time we actively turned and tried 50 yard hollywood passes wide to Tait / Tanner instead of a 15-20 yard simple pass to get Cadds running at them.

Just back to hotel in Inverness the 1st 45 mins today was feckin awful , RC seriously had 4 decent chances and scored 3 of them we were all over the place, Kipre had a nightmare. Bowman had an immediate impact when he came on and if we had scored another shortly after that then we would have taken something from the game but we had a lot of possession and no cutting edge, the 2nd goal gave us a chance and we could have earned a point at the death but no joy. The 1st half horror show killed us, we responded well 2nd half but let them off the hook by not getting the 2nd goal earlier. Not many positives to take from the game 2nd half was a vast improvement but all too little to late. A bit of a tactical error not starting Bowman, but any game you give a team 3 of a starti is never gojng to end well. AVery bad day at the office

Gave up on mixlr not long after we scored. We know refs are shite, and we know football players take advantage of that. What we dont know is what is happening on the park half the time. I know they are probably doing this for nothing, and when they are doing normal commentary theyre pretty good, but its getting to be a bit much lately.

As for the game, we need to start turning up in the first half of games.Thats been a few times weve made multiple subs at half time this season, and although this is a sign that the manager isnt scared to change things, its also a sign that the plans put in place in the days leading up to the games arent working.

Besides st johnstone game this our first real flop of the season. Disapointed to lose but still spirit there to get 2 goals back and robinson making a difference from the subs he made.

What i have noticed is our success streak revolved round using the same lineup every game with a settled defence and rose campbell and mchugh in the centre and using our impact subs to make a difference. Usually rose made way, past few games the line up has been different and doesnt surprise me we havent lived up to expectations. So many slate rose but he does so much good work and is better than bigi for starting a game, bigi is a creative impact sub in my opinion not a starter. we should start games with a team full of fight and make changes when required that was our winning formula.

Bowman and moult is a winning combo i wouldnt change that at any point its obvious moult likes playing beside him. Tanner is ok and useful to the team but i just cant see past our usual 2 strikers.

Keep the faith, im still very impressed with what we have acieved so far and having some blips like this is just part of it.

Well Said!!!

We couldn't be much worse than last season to be honest. I'm not a fan of a back 3 especially away games I'd always go 4-4-2 .We don't have good enough players for 3 at the back.

That's why your names Dewell and not Steve Robinson. 352 suits us but imo we have since semi believed we are better than what we are with us changing team about. Get our strongest team on I.e.semi and before and we will be ok again.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights. That Kipre chance at the end should have been in the net. You can't give teams that kind of lead though so probably got what we deserved.

As others have said if we continue with the three at the back, Celtic are going to run riot. Can only hope they have an off day for the final. Would happily take defeats in the league against them for a win at Hampden.

Celtic line up 4-2-3-1, for the final Id actually stick with 3-5-2 but change the players up a wee bit.Dunne has played full back before and has pace to burn. Id put him lwb and have him shut out Forrest, Hammell inside as insurance. All he has to do is match Forrest for pace cause he cant pass,cross or shoot! Of the central midfield 3,Cadden has the energy to support Kipre but also give an outball down the right. Id have McHugh man mark their number 10 (Rogic / McGregor), leaving Bigi and Campbell to maraud and harry in the middle. Brown will hate Campbell snapping at his heels

Carson

Kipre,Hartley,Hammell

Cadden,Bigi,Campbell,McHugh,Dunne

Moult,Bowman