The Deal With Europe This Season?

brazilmfc

Not sure if this has been debated before, but is it 3rd and 4th place this season that get a uefa cup slot.

If we keep this run up till the end of the season i am confident we can finish 4th.

1 result in our favor and a win against hearts and dundee united and were there.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

European football, 2years on the trot again, would be magic, eh, even thinking about it gets you excited! Still a lot of grinding out results to be done though, at least a draw on Wed v the Jambos would be nice. The fixtures on Tue/Wed are rather tricky for the teams we are looking out for too, which is an added incentive for us to do our best to get the points in the bag!

`MON THE WELL!!

Yea 3rd and 4th in..5th if the cup winners are in the top 4 and then the team with the best disciplinary record if Scotland stay within the top 3 nations..before the Celtic game we were top of the fair play league thing..one yellow card better off than st. Mirren..not sure where we are now though! If we go through a sticky patch again though who votes for benching klimpl for the rest of the season :lol:

Cheers,Dez

Think we all got our wee taste of European cafe culture in Nancy and wouln't mind a bit more of the same. Holidays without football are pointless anyway.

Unfortunately not everywhere in Europe is as cultured as Nancy is!

If the Fair Play award did mean the top 6 all qualified then the teams just missing out on the top 6 ( Aberdeen pipped Falkirk on goal difference last season) would be rather miffed with the set-up.

Yeah, think we are currently 2nd to Celtic.

But, as they will represent the CL space, then surely we would be next in line... assuming McLean keeps PQ out the team.. :P

As last year it was England that got the Fair Play space and it was Man City that benefited, as there was some confusion as Richard Dunne was sent off on the Final day that almost allowed Fulham who avoided relegation on the final day to almost claim a UEFA slot.

So, it is not down to league position.

But, if we finished in the top 5 then we would qualify for Europe regardless (assuming an Old Firm/Aberdeen final) so therefore it would drop down to the 3rd "fairest" team in the SPL. Which means a total of 6 European SPL teams for next season.

But, if we finished in the top 5 then we would qualify for Europe regardless (assuming an Old Firm/Aberdeen final)

Yeah but Aberdeen could finish 6th in league meaning they'd get the UEFA cup place if they made the final. What we need is an old firm final for 5 league places...magic

From Uefa website

First qualifying round, 1st leg 02.07.2009

First qualifying round, 2nd leg 09.07.2009

Second qualifying round, 1st leg 16.07.2009

Second qualifying round, 2nd leg 23.07.2009

Third qualifying round, 1st leg 30.07.2009

Third qualifying round, 2nd leg 06.08.2009

Play-off round, 1st leg 20.08.2009

Play-off round, 2nd leg 27.08.2009

Group stage, Matchday 1 17.09.2009

Group stage, Matchday 2 01.10.2009

Don't know where 4/5 would fit in though

Depending on Scotland's UEFA co-efficient it looks like 3rd place in the SPL enters the Europa League at the 3rd qualifying stages, 4th place at the 2nd stage and 5th place at the 1st stage....I think!!

Not sure about the cup winners, but as it looks likely to be a final involving 2 of the top four anyway its a moot point.

Soooo confusing.

Here's for 3rd or 4th.

And i don't care where they go, i know nancy was nice but i'd go any where.

Would be amazing if we got a glamour tie, fuck listen to me i think were there already.

Need to get my head back in the game.

Let's get the jambo's pumped.

Yeah but Aberdeen could finish 6th in league meaning they'd get the UEFA cup place if they made the final. What we need is an old firm final for 5 league places...magic

Aberdeen would still have to win the Cup though. The Runners Up don't get the Euro spot any longer if the winner has already qualified.

And if the Fair Play award bares fruit then all of this season's "Top Six" could be in European competition next season.

Happy days!

'Flow

Right no tackles allowed. Someone better tell Kimpl!!!!

Seriously though keep up the run and we can get 4th and happy days.

Mon the well!

Aberdeen would still have to win the Cup though. The Runners Up don't get the Euro spot any longer if the winner has already qualified.

Are you positive on this? I heard otherwise....think it's all changed again because of the new UEFA format. I definetly read somewhere that cup runners up get Europe if winner already in

Are you positive on this? I heard otherwise....think it's all changed again because of the new UEFA format. I definetly read somewhere that cup runners up get Europe if winner already in

Gordon Smith tried to change it to the highest placed league team but UEFA told him where to go!