Vs Hearts

CoF

I hope 'Well have the two Hearts goals on video.

Lesson 1 on how to take a throw-in that will threaten the opponent's goal rather than just giving it away.

Hearts posed little threat tonight, but that tells you just how impotent 'Well were.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game and Im fucking gutted we lost to that pile of wank

Controlled the game, passed the ball decently and generally played pretty well, much better than them.

Cant remember Buzz making a save and had a lot of solid performances, all the back 5, Klimpl, O'Brien, Sheridan and Hughes all decent.

Big dirty deflection aswell on the goal.

Fine fine strike from Hughes, immense celebrations too.

Fuck them

From where I was sitting it was Nades elbow that caught Craigan, no doubt about it. It was an assault and Nade should have walked but I don't think the so called ref even spoke to him. We got the free kick so there must have been some foul play on Nades part. When these sort of challenges go unpunished I despair for scottish football with these referees totally out of ther depth.

Just back in the door... Got ma Farmers Face on, fuckin ragin! Outplayed them for most of the second half, only to leave with a boot in the stones. Gutted.

Regarding the Nade/Craigan incident; Spoke to a couple of Well fans who were in the main stand and had a different view from most of us, they reckon there was nothing intentional about the injury. Doesn't change the fact that they are a shower of shite though.

Covers right over ma heid the night. :(

Just back and yes like others I'm disappointed we didn't at least take a point tonight. Though I thought the whole team played very well. There was only 1 team prepared to play footbale and they weren't in 'maroon'.

No real failures, but a special mention for 'Stretch' thought he had a great game and his forward passes invariably found a claret & amber jersey. Klimpl - what do they put in that boy's tea - he'd run through a brick wall for the cause - get him signed up now.

Played worse and won, but overall a good team performance and plenty of positives. Onwards and upwards.

Onwards and upwards indeed.

Game against United is a make or break one as far as the rest of the season goes. Maybe we were due to lose after picking up points from games where we haven't been at our best.

There is still hope!

Mon the Well!

From where I was sitting it was Nades elbow that caught Craigan, no doubt about it. It was an assault and Nade should have walked but I don't think the so called ref even spoke to him. We got the free kick so there must have been some foul play on Nades part. When these sort of challenges go unpunished I despair for scottish football with these referees totally out of ther depth.

Got to agree with you regarding Nade's elbow, I realy want to see what actually happened but I thought it was a certain elbow.

Also what about our penalty claim in the 1st half? from my view either Sheridan dived and should have been booked, it WAS a penalty or the hearts player made a geat tackle which would have gave us a corner but the ref gave a by kick - what the fuck was that about!!!!!!!

What happened with their 1st goal? Smith seemed slow to take up his position in the centre of the goals, meaning he ran from the front post to the middle of the goal as the throw in was taken, only to be caught by Driver running past him!

Realy feel pissed off at losing tonight, no way were they the better team.

Guest 'Flow

I was in the press box, had a great view of it, and it was most definitely accidental.

Klimpl getting upset at the incident wasn't because of the tackle; it was the delay in the medical staff coming onto the park.

So, so, so gutted to lose tonight - honestly feel pig sick. Thought we were the better team - by some margin actually - and to not even get a point is a big time kick in the chuckies.

But, looking to the positive, we played some excellent stuff at times and if we do the same against United we'll beat them... No doubt about it!

The top six and Europe is not out the question, not by a long way!

'Flow

Guest 'Flow
:( Interesting to see the racism card is being played over on the Jambos Kickback forum

Which is total rubbish - I think, from where the Motherwell fans were (the blind side almost), it looked as if Nade had caught Crags. However, from most other areas of the ground it was clear to see that it was a total accident.

Nade came to see how he was immediately after the game - Fair play to him!

'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Yea, he wasn't! He was taken to hospital as a precaution. Nade caught him a real, real bad one but he certainly didn't mean it.

Crags was just committed for the ball - as he always is - and got caught on the side of the head as Nade turned. Neither player could do anything about it. Just one of those unfortunate accidents that happen in football from time to time.

The skipper should be fine!

'Flow

Never seen the game but listened to it on the radio. From the commentators point of view, it was not harsh, Nade never ment it.

When the game finished, the 2nd commentator (not the main one) said that we are out of the Euro chase? Where is this guy getting his information from? Is he looking at a league table from 3 years ago? I thought and still do think that we have a great chance in getting 4th spot!

Thought we deserved more last night. First half Hearts were the better team though we had the shot off the bar and a decent pen shout. Hard to tell from the other end of the ground and seeing as the ref (from this point on to be known as Portly!) wasn't much closer and didn't have the altitude we had he wouldn't have had a friggin clue. We then had to hold on for half time.

Second half after losing the goal we were miles on top. The goal was thoroughly deserved and at 1-1 there was only team who looked liked winning. Really poor goal to lose at the death and especially annoying that the guy who tried to block the shot and did the right thing ended up beating Smith. I thought we played much better tonight than a lot of the games we didn't lose which makes it a right kick in the chookies to lose like that.

Portly and his assistant nearest us had an interesting interpretation of advantage and handball. And it was nice of him to book Klimpl on the popular cheer from the Hearts fans (Wallace should never have been booked either!). Just a trio of incompetents I'm afraid.

Disappointing result but I always felt that was the game we could afford to lose for getting into the top four/five as the teams I think we can catch are United and Aberdeen.

Yea, he wasn't! He was taken to hospital as a precaution. Nade caught him a real, real bad one but he certainly didn't mean it.

Crags was just committed for the ball - as he always is - and got caught on the side of the head as Nade turned. Neither player could do anything about it. Just one of those unfortunate accidents that happen in football from time to time.

It's amazing the difference it can make viewing an incident from different angles. From the away stand, I and many others were after blood and were astounded that Nade was still on the park. From other angles, it sounds like it was obviously an accident.

Fair play to Nade for going and checking on him after the game, good lad.

Still gutted we lost, we definitely didn't deserve to! Still, we're well in the hunt and good results against United and Killie over the next couple of weeks could get us back in the mix, especially with hibs being rank rotten.

I'm absolutely gutted this morning. I thought we were the better team for most of the match, without being brilliant. Very disappointed with Hearts - even though we lost, Tynecastle is certainly not the fortress it once was.

I thought it looked like a stonewall penalty, and I also thought the Nade incident looked like nothing short of thuggery. However, as Tweed has said, our view wasn't the best and I'll happily take the word of those who had a better view or have seen it on TV.

I don't think losing last night is curtains, but it certainly puts much more pressure on us going into the Dundee Utd and Aberdeen games. However, if Hearts are the best of the rest then I think it's safe to say we've got nothing to fear after last night.

Frazzle

disappointed not to get anything from the game, several very good performances. IMO Clarkson really faded out the game and ended up being ineffectual. Not playing in his best position we cant expect miracles.

if we cant keep hold of Klimpl, we'll miss him big time - he's been exceptional for us, and certainly has the attributes to be a hero to the Well fans.

i think the reason why i'm so disappointed is that we lost 2 goals to throw ins from the same place. we screwed up for the first one, definite defensive mistake and altho we rectified it for the second goal, they got the brak of the ball and the deflection took it past Smith. All the players deserved the applause for their effort last night.

I would like to point out tho, how important set peices are. We had several corners, and i think the only one we threatened from was Reynolds header in the dying minutes. We need to make corners and throw ins count more. We all know CRaggs can launh the ball - why dont we use it more often? We've got Stretch, Sutton and Sheridan to aim at.

On another note, it was great to see Stretch get another game under his belt and he played really well especially against 2 of the better wide men in this league, Driver and Abou(think thats his name)

When its not meant to be, its not meant to be.

I thought we were tremendous in spells last night. We set the tone right from the word go with a positive outlook and just kept going at them right until the very end, even when we lost the goals and Craigan.

Very hard done by not to get even a point from the game but we can surely take a lot of confidence from having gone there and been comfortably the better team. We know we can beat them. We've gone to Tannadice and won with something to spare, should have buried them at Fir Park as we should have done with Aberdeen also. Psychologically we should have no fears about meeting these teams again if we manage to finish in the top half.

We just have to make sure we get there now!

There remain question marks about whether it may be better to player another midfielder wide in midfield if Clarkson isn't going to be used upfront and its a concern to see us slowly slip back into the way of conceding from routine balls fired into the box again, but all in all we remain in good shape to take the fight for a top six place to the wire - and if we get that then's the time to re-assess how far we can go.