Vs Hearts

CoF

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutting to lose like that, but this was always a game where we would have been doing well to take a point from given our recent record there. The crucial thing for us now is that we don't let the heads drop and hit a slump in form and go on a winless/losing run like we did earlier in the season. It's a pity we have over a week for our next game against Dundee Utd because ideally I'd prefer to get back into things straight away. One things for sure, if we are to have any chance of top six, we must beat United a week on Saturday.

gav212, why is Rangers getting beat any consolation to us as Motherwell fans? :(

Because it means that i dont have to listen to any of their shite tomorrow :( A disapointing result but we've had worse, dust ourselves down and concentrate on the game against Dundee United next weekend. This game wasn't absolutely crucial when we have games against Aberdeen and Dundee United coming up. Keep the faith.

'Mon the 'well!

Hopefully Craigans injury isn't too bad, hes been playing very well for us and it would be extremely cruel on him to be injured after just coming back a few months ago. At least we have Brian Mclean back if it is a bad one.

EDIT - Steeledge, i dont need to sit in the car with a Celtic fan in the morning though :(

A disapointing result but we've had worse, dust ourselves down and concentrate on the game against Dundee United next weekend. This game wasn't absolutely crucial when we have games against Aberdeen and Dundee United coming up. Keep the faith.

Exactly. A defeat was always the likeliest outcome this evening and so it proved. However a 2-1 reverse away from home against the 3rd best team in the league isn't an embarrassment. They've now beaten us twice on their patch this season and that must say something.

Of more concern to me tonight than the result was the fact that Craggs was stretchered off and Maros Klimpl was booked. Still mustn't complain too much - we had luck against Accies and Celtic. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Our next 3 games are much more winnable than tonights was ever going to be.

Like one or two others I was a bit puzzled tonight by Davie Clarkson in midfield. If he's not considered good enough for a start up front then he should warm the bench. Personally he'd always be in my my strikeforce but then again I'm not the manager. Has Steve McGarry impressed in the reserves recently to warrant a subs appearance?

First defeat in 10 so lets just take it on the chin and get on with securing a top six place,

europe was a big ask even before tonights game .

Exactly Jim. Much as I dislike them, Hearts will prove by mid May that they're a stronger side than us and tonight's result will in no way be seen as a disgrace - they had to fight all the way for the points. I think too Aberdeen & Dundee United will prove to be better than us over the course. Our real battle is with Hibs for 6th spot. The Hibees are capable of beating us to it but by the same token we're capable of pipping them. Defensive mistakes are costing us dearly just now and we really can't have any complaint whatsoever when we lose games because of them. Thats not to say of course that St Mirren and Accies aren't capable of securing 6th spot -they are.

Exactly Jim. Much as I dislike them, Hearts will prove by mid May that they're a stronger side than us and tonight's result will in no way be seen as a disgrace - they had to fight all the way for the points. I think too Aberdeen & Dundee United will prove to be better than us over the course. Our real battle is with Hibs for 6th spot. The Hibees are capable of beating us to it but by the same token we're capable of pipping them. Defensive mistakes are costing us dearly just now and we really can't have any complaint whatsoever when we lose games because of them.

How are these teams better?

Not trying to argue mate, just want to know why you think that.

How are these teams better?

Not trying to argue mate, just want to know why you think that.

Firstly I hope I'm proved wrong but to date they have picked up several more points than we have. If that continues they'll finish higher than us. Thats not to say we don't play the better football but as Hearts proved tonight thats totally irrelevant if we can't score more than they can and we let in cheap goals.

tonight was probably the toughest fixture weve had since weve been on our unbeating run.gutted though cause we deserved somethin from the game we just didny have any luck on the night.3rd place looks to be gone now but the players have been brilliant the last weeks and im sure can keep up our good form to the end of the season.as for hearts playin one up front at home and he was a midfielder whats that all about

Ah well...

I work with a Jambo so I'm looking forward to work in the morning even less than usual. :(

Ma sisters married to a scummy jambo, already got the slaggings goin. Wanker :(

Plus a work in the forge so nae doubt the wee timland shop will be bouncin.

Firstly I hope I'm proved wrong but to date they have picked up several more points than we have. If that continues they'll finish higher than us. Thats not to say we don't play the better football but as Hearts proved tonight thats totally irrelevant if we can't score more than they can and we let in cheap goals.

Fair enough, good point.

Been a good run, can't go crazy because of one late defeat. I do concede that it was a big game tho.

We've came back from worse than this already this season, chins up now.

I trust McGhee to get the players heads back in the game. The Scottish Cup games couldn't have come at a better time because it just emphasises to the players that the league is all we have left.

Mon the 'well!!

I think Hearts honestly must be the must jammy fucking team in the land...they're strike force is non existent and they win purely on a fuck off defence with the big bastards of defenders.Have they scored more than two goals this season ? fucking despise these c***s.

Disappointed to lose it so late on. We were the better team (especially after we scored) and deserved to take at least a point. I'd be interested to see the Craigan incident again as it looked nigh on assault to me but a few of the hearts fans I know reckoned it was a straight up clash of heads.

Clarkson should be up front I reckon, he's not a midfielder and would be much more effective up top. Thought most played well tonight without excelling but a special mention to Klimpl who chased Stewart and Obua all over the park. If he'd said "boo" to either one by the end I bet they'd have shat themselves. He also got REALLY agitated at the Craigan/Nade incident so it certainly seems like it can't have been that innocent.

Onwards and upwards and hopefully a win against United next weekend to kick off another run. Hearts are nothing special but I think they have the organisation to keep grinding out results for the remainder of the season.

Thought we played okay tonight, the draw and point would be a massive positive. As McGhee said if we had got a draw tonight we would be 5 points off hearts with the split fixtures to play. After tonights lose that would mean we would be 8 points off hearts. Thats mcghees estimation. That doesn't say hearts will finish 3rd but with a bit of luck and our dodgy pitch then you never know what can happen. Craiggs injury looks a bad one. Would like to see other peoples point of view but from where i was sitting it looked like a rash elbow from nade! Somebody mentioned a broken jaw it was that bad. Hope it isn't would be a big loss. A lot of vital games coming up now lets get behind the team again. Remember one loss in nine games is a terrific run. Keep the faith. Mon the well.