What's Been Happening In The World Of 'well ?

trafficlight

I Haven't managed to catch up with the board regulars in ages, having been so busy lately. Last time I was on here was just before Christmas- so happy new year - and 'Well were really struggling near the foot of the table. Indeed, 'McGhee Out' threads had started to appear, though, thankfully, something of a revival has since taken place. What's the current mood; optimistic of another top six finish ? Who's playing at peak form, and who's letting the side down ?

I trust you're all in fine fettle and enjoying the rollercoaster :rolleyes:

Get your arse up the Mega Bar on Wednesday night and we'll fill you in! :wub:

And welcome back.

Thanks for the invite but Wednesday is a bit difficult. First it's my birthday, and then there's a wee game being played locally against some Italian team. Even the good lady is coming along for what will be only about the third time ever. Hopefully the result will be positive, or my birthday will end with the wife and I not on speaking terms :rolleyes:

Thanks for the invite but Wednesday is a bit difficult. First it's my birthday, and then there's a wee game being played locally against some Italian team. Even the good lady is coming along for what will be only about the third time ever. Hopefully the result will be positive, or my birthday will end with the wife and I not on speaking terms :rolleyes:

Friendly is it?

I think you'll find the big game in Manchester this week involves a Danish side. :wub:

Guest 'Flow
One thing I was meaning to mention: The new Canterbury strips. Any sneaky pics ? :wub:

There will be some wee 'snippits' very shortly indeed my friend! ;)

Oh, and good to see you back on here too :rolleyes:

'Flow

Just a few snippets from the last few months for you:

1. Jim O'Brien has been given a few starts and threatens to look like a decent player.

2. Steven Craigan went out injured and was replaced eventually by someone with the same name, who looks just like him, but who has miraculously managed to stabilise the defence.

3. Maros Klimpl has been converted from a centre-half who looked almost as much of an accident waiting to happen as Steven McManus (probably coming from an enthusiastic eager-to-please attitude that saw him chasing down and crunching any opposition player who came near the ball) into a midfield destroyer/cult hero/regular man-of-the-match contender, due to his enthusiastic eager-to-please attitude that sees him chasing down and crunching any opposition player who comes near the ball.

4. As a result of Snippet 3, Boab has disappeared.

5. Ports went off to join Cloughie jnr at Derby, saying all the right things, and was replaced by a loan signing from Celtic, Kellyann Sheridan, who is quite physical for a girl, charges around enthusiastically, and scored a cracker against Inverness.

6. Accies are still irritating turds, with Billy Reid and James McCarthy ahead of the pack in the race to be Turd of the Year and Young Turd of the Year, respectively.

7. Coach hasn't punched anyone (that we know of).

8. The Old Firm are delightfully shite.

9. Fizzy scored with his head and Coach scored with his left foot. And for a trio of surprising but wonderful occurrences, Stretch returned to first team action as if he had never been away, after 25 years out injured.

10. In a tribute to the fallen heroes of the First World War, the Fir Park surface has been removed and replaced with the Somme battlefield. This act of remembrance serves a double purpose in that we can use it to get it right up Smeltic, whose players don't like playing on it and whose fans don't like British acts of remembrance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, WishyWell, a lot of effort there :wub: I've tried to keep apace with developments as best I could, but I'm sure you know 'Well don't get much time in the spotlight down here. Setanta is so Old Firm focused ( understandably I suppose ) that the rest struggle for a mention, and there isn't much else on offer beyond tinternet. The wife has been in a better mood in 2009, which is usually a sign 'Well are showing some form, so I knew things were improving on the field :wub:

Hopefully I'll have time to get some insight from you guys ( when yer no talkin pish :P ) and so learn a bit about what's really going on.

Get those pics up, Flow :wub:

Wishy Well :lol: That was so good I think I'll just come on here every two months and ask that question, it'll save me wading through some of the cack on here to find the interesting bits.

Numbers 2 and 10 made me laugh out loud.

Wisheywell that was class. <_< . Forgot to mention that MM has taken over from Leitchey in giving other managers verbals. Mark Reynolds has got his act together and CAN indeed tackle a fish supper. Mixu Putalineoan is still a fud at Hibs and we've FINALLY replaced Colin O'Neill with Maros Krimpl. Let the European chase begin! :lol: .