Clarky-cillian-js

steelboy

basically who do people think should start at killie?

for me clarky should be first choice every time and sheridan should be playing beside him based on his and sutton's performances over the last few games.

mcghee doesn't seem to fancy clarky up front over the other two even although he's our top scorer so i was wondering what other people thought concerning this particular selection predicament.

On the 'fishul site, MM says he thinks Clarky is a bit tired at the moment so he is giving him a bit of a rest. Apparently he even sent him to Spain for a few days.

So it looks like he will be on the bench for a game or two.

Clarky and Sutton for me if we're playing 2 up. I'm yet to be convinced by Sheridan and think we should be developing our own players as long as they're producing the goods. I think Sutton's really doing a job at the moment and Clarky's going to be looking to prove to McGhee that he should be playing too.

I see signs of a really good player in Sheridan but he is miles away from being anything like the finished article.

I think in the longer term we are doing Celtic quite a turn and for his time at Fir Park he'll go back there a better player than he came but our part of the deal involves us working through the inconsistencies that inevitably come with a 19 year old, trying to improve his touch and decision making during games, dealing with the mental side of things when its not going your way etc for getting that striker with some promise.

Much has been said of his miss before half-time that could have put the game to bed, but his touch and the power he got into the shot early on the game was excellent and he was really unlucky not to score. Quite similar to the goal in Inverness in fact. That demonstrates to me, there's certainly something there for us to benefit from.

But as for the question, who should start at Killie?

Who knows :D

look wat happened yest he came on and scored the winner. But he would still be my first choice striker all the way

Tacticians would argue the only reason he scored the winner was because he didn't start. If he was on from the beginning he could have been fucked after 45 minutes, which would not have been any good to us.

Clarky isn't just our top scorer this season, outside the OF he's the top scorer in the SPL!

I've said it before but Clarkson is now the best player at the club and he should definitely start if he's fit.

Sheridan has done OK from what I've seen and I think he is a better player than Sutton in all but one area, putting the ball in the net. For that reason I'd probably play Sutton in front of him.

As for playing 'our' youngsters ahead of a loan signing like Sheridan, well its obvious we don't have a big striker coming through the ranks right now.

I thought Sheridan was gash yesterday!

Ive thought a good few times he doesnt look like he'l put his head or his body where it hurts and really commit himself to the cause. I think that half hearted shot that allowed the united defender time to get back and clear it off the line was further evidence of it.

I thought Sheridan was gash yesterday!

Ive thought a good few times he doesnt look like he'l put his head or his body where it hurts and really commit himself to the cause. I think that half hearted shot that allowed the united defender time to get back and clear it off the line was further evidence of it.

Aye an I have no doubt that Clarky would have put that away - I think he would have properly chipped the keeper ala his goal in the ill-fated game against Utd.

However he took it DC would have stuck it in the pokie and he should start - 'fatigued' my erse he has a week 'till the Killie game, not as if he is doon the mine 'till then!!

Get him starting.

Only saw the game on the telly yesterday and haven't seen anything else of him (other than highlights) so maybe i'm not qualified to say :huh: but I thought Sheridan looked pretty pish to be honest. He might improve with games but why give that opportunity to someone else's player ? Sutton might improve with games and at least he's our player.

Sutton and Clarky for me by a mile.

If Clarky is tired as McGhee says he is then that's fair enough....then it's Jamie Murphy to start in his place.

I think Sheridan looks an ok player, but as someone else says and I agree, he's shat out of umpteem challenges in the games I've seen him in and doesn't look like he's remotely prepared to get in about it for the cause. We need everyone giving 100%, not picking and choosing when to make any effort. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting line up I'm afraid.

I would start with Cillian and Sutty next week, with a great sub in Clarky to come on in the second half. It is a very nice problem to have and let's hope it keeps working well.

Claskson should've been on at least 10 minutes earlier yesterday. He has pace, drive, determination, and isn't scared to "take one for the team". Everything Sherisan doesn't have. Don't want to get stuck into Sheridan too much, he did ok, but he doesn't look interested and Clarky is just such a better option imo.

Claskson should've been on at least 10 minutes earlier yesterday. He has pace, drive, determination, and isn't scared to "take one for the team". Everything Sherisan doesn't have. Don't want to get stuck into Sheridan too much, he did ok, but he doesn't look interested and Clarky is just such a better option imo.

Why? What part of him coming on when he did didn't work.

Came on when McGhee decided was the right time + Scoring the winner = Came on at right time

For the Killie game, same as yesterday, with Clarky on around the 70-75 mark to rip the pish oot their back line

Clarky and Sutton for me too but i've a felling MM will go with Sharidan at Killie as he's probably promised his pal Wee Chesney to play him in so many games. Im not really into this Clarky's a bit jaded thing. If he is give him a couple of days off this week again. He deserves it. Then hopefully he'll put Killie to the sword on saturday. Sheridan should be on the bench. :huh: .

I wasn't keen on the signing of Sheridan but I've ben quite impressed by him so far.

The good thing is we have strong competition in the squad with Clarkson, Murphy, Smith. Lasley and Fitzpatrick all waiting on the wings.

Nice problem for McGhee to have.

I'm not convinced DLS has it to be honest, esp not as a winger. Thought it was interesting when MMG tried him out as a full back but I wasn't even really convinced by that either. Not sure if hes not responding to the MMG 1-2-1 ala JO'B or if hes just crying out for a loan spell somewhere he'll get a regular run out.