How have things gotten so bad?

Col

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The difference between Motherwell and Liverpool is that the latter team is not at risk of relegation. If that were a Premier League match and they were sitting in the drop zone, I don't think the fans would be as supportive and in song as they were tonight in the Champions League!

It's all relative though as we expect to be in the bottom six but challenging for the top six so bottom two is failure for us. Liverpool expect to be winning trophies every season so 8th and out of the cups is probably a comparable level of failure for them.

The point remains though, support your team through the hardest times too.

21 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

I’ve no doubt Liverpool fans are going ape shit on forums about tonight, the fact they’re 8th in the league sandwiched between Brighton and Brentford on the same points and how poor they’ve played this season but at the end of the game tonight after what they’d just seen they still sang and supported the team. Fair play to them and maybe something some of our fans could learn from. 

They just watched their club earn €38m for their troubles. I think we'd all be quite supportive of that.

16 minutes ago, numpty said:

They just watched their club earn €38m for their troubles. I think we'd all be quite supportive of that.

Sorry but I’m a Liverpool fan as well as a Motherwell fan and I can assure you that that was a hard watch and an even harder result to accept. Money doesn’t make it any easier.