The Way Forward

Kmcalpin

8 hours ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

👀

Society could be run a lot better. A weekly newsletter telling you what we already know from the club isn’t communication or engagement

an Aligned society that runs fundraising drives and initiatives around the ground, puts on society family fun days and fan engagement experiences around the ground on match days is one I would fully get behind

i can’t help but feel altho the society is there to support the club, the attitude from the club to the society is seen as a hinderance

an example of this is the society recently asking for the clubs support to run a simple raffle online. No one at club interested in building the two groups together and having aligned targets 

I agree with this.

The Society should run its own affairs seperate from the club. The alignment and overlap should come through input into the decision making via the board and lending of finances where required.

At the moment it feels more like the club owns and runs the Well Society than the other way around and they pay it lip service in doing so.

For it to thrive it really needs someone to drive it forward and give it a far higher profile than it currently has.

• 1 month later...