2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

Whether you think what companies pay their employees should be secret or not is irrelevant, it generally is. I'd be pissed if my company posted my salary for everyone to see, and they would be equally annoyed if I went around posting what I got paid.

Anything you see online in this respect is most likely someone's guess.

Just now, wellgirl said:

It's common knowledge that Kelly is our highest paid player and that we offered him very decent wages to get him back 

You can easily find out what the salary range is for many jobs, but how would you find out what a specific footballer is earning?

There is a list online which suggests that Kelly is on £4K per week, and it also suggests that Oxborough is on £2.5K per week, which would make him our second highest-paid player currently. That seems unlikely and calls into question the accuracy of every other entry on the list.

the chat on here is shite, see if were not linked with anybody, can somebody just make a rumour up so at least the normals on here can say  "heez shite"   " waste of a feckin wage" " he wont feckin keep us up " that would be a better discusion than wondering if liam kelly spends his top earner wages in aldi or asda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's no way there's a list of player wages. It'll be some Football Manager weirdo who has guessed.

Weir said half our wage bill of 5 million a year goes on players so that's about 50 grand a week. We can definitely afford a player or two on 4 grand a week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

There is a list online which suggests that Kelly is on £4K per week, and it also suggests that Oxborough is on £2.5K per week, which would make him our second highest-paid player currently. That seems unlikely and calls into question the accuracy of every other entry on the list.

That's just made up.

• Haha 1

Trying to bring it back to the original post because it has gone sideways.

It is likely that Kelly is one of, if not the top earner at the club.

Do we want to spend budget here matching or bettering what he is on for a further contract extension?

5 minutes ago, smiddy said:

the chat on here is shite, see if were not linked with anybody, can somebody just make a rumour up so at least the normals on here can say  "heez shite"   " waste of a feckin wage" " he wont feckin keep us up " that would be a better discusion than wondering if liam kelly spends his top earner wages in aldi or asda

I personally dont give a fuck where Kelly spends his wages 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wunderwell said:

Trying to bring it back to the original post because it has gone sideways.

It is likely that Kelly is one of, if not the top earner at the club.

Do we want to spend budget here matching or bettering what he is on for a further contract extension?

Id personally say no to that 

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

There's no way there's a list of player wages. It'll be some Football Manager weirdo who has guessed.

Weir said half our wage bill of 5 million a year goes on players so that's about 50 grand a week. We can definitely afford a player or two on 4 grand a week.

There's a list of all SPL players wages online. Not just Motherwell players 

4 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Spl player's salaries have been out there online for years ... I have no idea. 

If you don't know who put them there, how could you know how accurate they are? I doubt Giakoumakis was earning €32million at Celtic whle Dhanda was on 17 thousand euros a year at Ross County, but that's what one of the lists claims.

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If you don't know who put them there, how could you know how accurate they are? I doubt Giakoumakis was earning €32million at Celtic whle Dhanda was on 17 thousand euros a year at Ross County, but that's what one of the lists claims.

You're clearly right ... Have a nice night. 

12 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

There's a list of all SPL players wages online. Not just Motherwell players 

Theres lots of things posted online, none of it is guaranteed to be true. Clubs don't post the salaries of individual players, and players don't generally disclose their salaries. Unless you think that some guy just called up each club/player to get this information, and they just handed it over, where do you think the info comes from?

These salaries are just guesses, and im not even sure if they're educated ones, and the fact that the linked list is players from all clubs makes it even less likely that this is real.

Just now, fizoxy said:

Theres lots of things posted online, none of it is guaranteed to be true. Clubs don't post the salaries of individual players, and players don't generally disclose their salaries. Unless you think that some guy just called up each club/player to get this information, and they just handed it over, where do you think the info comes from?

These salaries are just guesses, and im not even sure if they're educated ones, and the fact that the linked list is players from all clubs makes it even less likely that this is real.

I feel like I'm being quizzed here for no reason. Do you think Kelly is unlikely to be one of our highest paid players? I dont 

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

I feel like I'm being quizzed here for no reason. Do you think Kelly is unlikely to be one of our highest paid players? I dont 

The only reason you're being 'quizzed' is because you stated he was on 4 fucking grand a week. I think most of us would expect our captain to be one of our highest paid players.

• David locked this topic