Kilmarnock Prices

Motherwell Fan

After looking for prices for Rugby Park, I have noticed that Killie supporters in the Moffat stand are being given entry this season at a price significantly lower than the away stand directly opposite, despite offering identical views.

Moffat stand(home)

£15 adults

£10 over 65, under 18, student

£5 under 16

Chadwick stand(away)

£20 adults

£14 over 65, under 18, student

£5 under 12

I thought the SPL didn't allow this sort of thing to happen.

Anyone know if that is the case?

After looking for prices for Rugby Park, I have noticed that Killie supporters in the Moffat stand are being given entry this season at a price significantly lower than the away stand directly opposite, despite offering identical views.

Moffat stand(home)

£15 adults

£10 over 65, under 18, student

£5 under 16

Chadwick stand(away)

£20 adults

£14 over 65, under 18, student

£5 under 12

I thought the SPL didn't allow this sort of thing to happen.

Anyone know if that is the case?

is the east not cheaper than the south all the time?

But on this occasion there must be quite a bit of explaining to do to explain why two stands offering the same view and specification are being charged so differently.

Flow this is definitely one for MFC to investigate, I'll speak to you at Bathgate.

It'll be dismal anyway. I take it the Moffat is the one that faces us - if it is thats not allowed unless they can argue its not the same view.

It isn't all about the view though, it's to do with the facilities on offer in the stand as well. If Killie can argue that this is the case, then they can justify the prices.

That was part of the reason that JB gave the Trust when he wanted us to hand over the DC. He couldn't charge the Old Firm fans more for a seat in the South Stand as it's facilities were on a par with the DC. (His decision still wasn't right though :rolleyes: )

As far as I understood it - a club can charge anything they like for each individual stand - so Killie are probably in the clear here.

They cant however charge segregated fans in the same section / stand different prices.

They're encouraging us to stay away I think.

NO they're allegedyl not allowed to charge extra to away fans for comparable facilities as stated, hence why the East is cheap cos it's a shitehole but Cooper and South are the same. If it's not that way we've been told more porkies cos we should have ripping it out of Old Firm fans for years but were told it wasn't possible.

I agree - thats my understanding too FC. Ironically, was it not Killie fans who complained about our "unfair" charging regime?

Don't know about that but they certainly cheated by entering a steak n gravy pie against everyone else's normal mince pies in the annual pie championships. Chappy pies (d)rool :rolleyes:

I think fatcalf is right. Not only about the pies, but about the prices for comparitave facilities. Certainly that is what Mr. Boyle, and Mr. Stillie both told the Trust on seperate occasions. I will pass the details of this onto the Trust board and see what can be done. Hopefully we find that Kilmarnock are pulling a fast one and we'll get the prices cut. Short notice, but you never know.

Frazzle

I think fatcalf is right. Not only about the pies, but about the prices for comparitave facilities. Certainly that is what Mr. Boyle, and Mr. Stillie both told the Trust on seperate occasions. I will pass the details of this onto the Trust board and see what can be done. Hopefully we find that Kilmarnock are pulling a fast one and we'll get the prices cut. Short notice, but you never know.

Frazzle

If them two said it - it must be right! :rolleyes:

I'm still no' convinced tho' :D

Quite fancied heading down to the game with the wee man as I was sure they would cut the prices... No chance I'll be going now. Well done to everybody that can make it, but about £50 for the two of us to go to a televised game is madness on ma wages. Oh, and the missus would fill ma crack in wae her slippers.

Get the pies in da', we'll be over the back-a-eleven :lol:

Aye the prices should be the same for all fans with similar views, but the thing that gets me here is that it's a 12.30 kick off live on the telly and they are charging away fans £20 in this current climate?!

They've got a 18,000 capacity ground and it will be absolutely empty on Sat cause of unrealistic prices! Charge a tenner max and get at least a 8,000 (plus) crowd - or charge what they are and get a crown of 4,000! More money from bigger crowd with cheaper gate!

Why is that that folk with no common sense seem to be the ones running Scottish Football and Scottish football clubs?!