Klimpl For Nowt

Wellworn

QUOTE (weeyin @ Mar 18 2009, 01:17 PM) post_snapback.gifMabe we can start a thread here and on P&B about what a terrible signing he was. Get the Fitzy and Clarkson haters to kick it off - they know how to handle it.

Klimpl is pish, get rid!

We MUST sign Malcolm on a 5 year deal, he could really propel us into the champions league next year.

Great Start Gaag but it needs to go on P&B ! :lol:

I think our recent good run is partly due to us no longer surrendering the midfield like we have been prone to in recent seasons. Klimpl's the big change - great ball winner.

If making overt jestures Maros is the fan's No1 to help persuade him to sign - then count me in.

A wizard idea ! Those clubs up here and dozens down South that might be interesed and can afford to pay him up to 4 times or more what we can will be no match for our overt gestures !

To the flag shop , with haste ! :D

A wee bit about the big man today in the Sunday Mail.

MAROS KLIMPL fears he'll never play for his country again after being give the runaround by Wales striker Craig Bellamy.

The Slovakian suffered a nightmare in Trnava as Bellamy netted twice and forced an own goal during a 5-2 Euro Championship qualifying romp in September 2007.

Despite a change of manager Motherwell stopper Klimpl has been snubbed by his country since.

And he'll be a frustrated spectator as the Slovaks, who lead World Cup qualifying Group Three, take on two massive tests in the next fortnight.

On Saturday they travel to Wembley for a glamour friendly against England.

And four days later Klimpl will be at home in Scotland desperately trying to find internet footage of the qualifying crunch against bitter rivals the Czech Republic.

Maros, who has 19 caps, said: "It would be great to play England but the Czech game is even bigger, a derby, and becomes more crucial because we're leading the group.

"We have never beaten them since gaining independence so it will be a massive match.

"But I don't know what my chances are of ever getting a recall because my last international was 18 months ago. It was against Wales and I didn't play well.

"When you lose 5-2 and you are a defender it isn't great. It was only one bad game but at international level all it takes is one mistake.

"There was a big reaction and they changed the manager so now Vladimir Weiss is in charge. I hope he comes to Scotland to look at me."

Klimpl is focusing solely on Motherwell for now - and wants to make his loan move from Danish club Midtjylland permanent.

He said: "I have an agreement to leave Denmark for free in summer and Motherwell will get first option."

Sounding quite encouraging. I just hope our own tight fistedness doesn't cost us, by not stumping up for his wages.