103rd Agm

Shaka

It's not a positive though, is it? It's saying the results we have achieved are better than we should expect from the talent we possess. The exact opposite of what McGhee is saying when he tells the press our first team is the best outside the OF.

I understand that the Board wants to keep expectations realistic, but why not just say something like "We are enjoying a successful spell at the club and will continue to work within our means in an effort to maintain it".

Punching above our weight in other words :huh:

I take it in the spirit in which it's intended which is very much the same as you're saying. Can't see why anyone wants to turn it into an issue, we are very much a small club in the bigger scheme of things and revel in performing outwith expectations. Whether those expectations are ours or from outside the club we are doing it and long may it continue.

On the staduim front, should I be expecting a huge amount of work being done at Fir Park over the summer to bring the stadium (and particular the East Stand) back up to an acceptable standard, seeing as we're gonna be stuck in it for at least another 5 to 10 years?

There's no excuse for letting the place get any worse now Mr Boyle.

Punching above our weight in other words :huh:

I take it in the spirit in which it's intended which is very much the same as you're saying. Can't see why anyone wants to turn it into an issue, we are very much a small club in the bigger scheme of things and revel in performing outwith expectations. Whether those expectations are ours or from outside the club we are doing it and long may it continue.

The comment was made to imply that based on our turnover, our league position and quality of squad was a lot better than clubs who had a similar turnover, and more importantly those with a much larger turnover.

FC's right in my eyes, no issue at all with what was said.

The comment was made to imply that based on our turnover, our league position and quality of squad was a lot better than clubs who had a similar turnover, and more importantly those with a much larger turnover.

FC's right in my eyes, no issue at all with what was said.

That is correct. I've never particularly liked the term "punching above our weight". However John Boyle was 100% correct in what he said. He said that, based on turnover, we were more efficient than many other clubs. Teams like Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee United have turnovers way in excess of ours (2X, 3X and 4X) and yet finished below us last season. In other words, our money was more effectively spent. No shareholder took, or could, take issue with what he said.

Compare the two clubs at Rugby Park tomorrow. Home side, £12Million in debt and up shit creek. Away team, no debt and turning over a profit year after year. 'Mon the 'Well!!!!

Was there any mention of possible steps the club might take to encourage season ticket holders to renew this summer, given the current economic climate? Are they expecting season ticket sales to show a marked drop on previous years?

I won't say too much as its perhaps up to the club to make any announcement about this and I don't want to steal its thunder. However, mention was made, without any prompting from the floor, about concentrating on the existing support / season ticket holders rather than initiatives to attract new fans. Make of that what you will.

BOTH were mentioned at the AGM. The money from Faddy's sell on clause was split with creditors, which seems reasonable enough.

Ok, only going on the information from the initial thread - On another note, Boyle has tried to attract new fans (pound a game, season tickets £40) - Nearly bankrupted us. Youth system is the way forward - look what McLeish did with money!!!