Aberdeen On Saturday

steelboy

with all the international boozing finished we can look forward to a game where you don't have to watch kenny miller :lol:

it seems like they've all been big ones recently but the split getting closer and a trip to ibrox up next this game is vital. people on here are talking about europe but it don't think we could be too upset if missed out, if we were to end up in the bottom six however it would be a severe boot in the balls. so basically we need to take one more point than hibs from the next three games or the same points and two goals better goal difference. it will likley go all the way to the sunday tv game between hibs and rangers at easter road two weeks on sunday.

hopefully mcghee will learn from the mistakes of killie and put out a team that can win the match. i'd play (assuming craigan is out)

smith

quinn mclean reynolds hammell

o'brien hughes maros fitzy

clarky sheridan

let's hope we can get right behind the team and get off to a quick start and put aberdeen under pressure.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Crags will be fit as Maros is out already, but either B-Mac or Coach could step in to centre half comfortably if necessary. Las will probably step into the midfield in Maros' absence. I'd also start Clarky ahead of Sutty and go at them from the off.

For me it is a must win, even in terms of confidence amongst everyone. Given we have to visit Ibrox next week three points on Saturday will send us there in a more confident mood.

Any win would be good, especially as we haven't even scored against them so far this season, let alone taken a point. We will this weekend though, 2-0 I think.

Given next the fixtures next weekend, it's imperative to me that we must win on Saturday. It could all come down to beating Saint Mirren and then spending a bum-twitching afternoon waiting on the other results.

Reckon this will be a tense nervy affair with little football being played. I think Aberdeen are pish, but we seem to struggle against the allegedly pish teams of Falkirk, St Mirren etc...

I think we will miss Klimpl but have no have fears Lasley will come in do a job. Hopefully Craigan will make it, if not move McLean into the middle.

I really, really hope McGhee starts with Clarkson. If he does I think we'll win. If not, I fear we will draw, and anything less than 6 points from the 3 last pre-split games will see us miss out on the top 6 and subsequent Euro push sadly.

Hopefully they'll be a big turn out from the 'Well fans. This is "death or glory" time and we still have everything in our own hands so C'mon the 'Well!!!.

Like against United I suspect our slightly greater need might spur us on. Klimpl will be a huge miss mind. Think Fizzy must play, the other three midfielders Hughes, O'Brien and Lasley for me. Would play Quinn at RB, Hammell at LB and Craigan and Reynolds in the middle. Up front would be inclined to go DC and Sheridan.

Given next the fixtures next weekend, it's imperative to me that we must win on Saturday. It could all come down to beating Saint Mirren and then spending a bum-twitching afternoon waiting on the other results.

I think we might need to take something from the Rangers game, depends how the Hibs go up at tanndice but at least its the ealy kick off so we'll know before we start on saturday.

With the way Rangers are constantly going from one self-destructive incident to another, you can't imagine how bad it must be behind the scenes there right now. And that has to filter through to the players on the park. Scoring first next week could make all the difference.

Reckon this will be a tense nervy affair with little football being played. I think Aberdeen are pish, but we seem to struggle against the allegedly pish teams of Falkirk, St Mirren etc...

They are pish but are above us in the league, four points clear, haven't lost (over 90 minutes) in 7 matches and have already beaten us twice this season! :lol:

Aberdeen have drawn their last three away games - a draw looks the most likely result tomorrow.

Just down at Fir Park half an hour ago for the wee mans footy training and while the pitch looks better than what it was, it is still in a right old mess, bare patches right down the middle and two massive puddles at each corner of the South Stand end. The puddles should be easily swept away, but I was expecting the pitch to look a lot better having not seen any action for a couple of weeks.

Again, I cant go to this one :blink: Have been almost a no-show since the turn of the year but priorities n all.

No reason why we cant take full points today.

Hibs also play Utd so depending on our result we could get a brucey bonus in that game.

If we lose/draw a good Utd win would probably be best as it could put us above Hibs on g/d. If we win a draw would suit us best.