War Of Words

real dosser

Mixu was reacting to McGhee's comments about expecting us to be in the top six. Are we indulging in mind games? Hope so, cos Mixu has no mind to speak of!

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Dodge you know me too well.

I did mean Keevins but the air here in Airdire must be finally getting to me.

Hope you have a nice quite afternoon on Saturday Dodge with the 20K Midden supporters who'll be taking advantage of the cheap entry.

Mon the Dossers

:lol:

Edinburgh Evening News last night had a quote From Patawhatsit saying All the pressure is on Motherwell :lol:

And he's quite right-- we need a result, they don't (necessarily). I'd hardly call that a "war of words", though, more "stating the bleeding obvious".

Mixu is right saying all the pressure is on Motherwell, it is at the moment, and come half two on Saturday if the day has gone pear shaped already then all that pressure will have taken its toll. However, if we have beaten St Mirren then all that aforementioned pressure will be winging its way eastwards to fester for 24 hours.

Here's hoping :evilgrin:

I really would be speechless if Hibs managed even a draw on Sunday. They really were rank on Monday night, and will be missing Fletcher from what I hear who was their only real threat at Paisley. Of course we have to win, just feel we will need it a bit more than they will given Falkirk are worse.

Coach tells Baron Greenback to shut the feck up.....

However, Quinn insists Motherwell have the characters to cope with the importance of the game.

The full-back feared his career had ended before it began after 19 Motherwell players lost their jobs when the club went into administration seven years ago this month.

So the 23-year-old has told Paatelainen Saturday's match at Fir Park holds no fears.

"We are not interested in what he has got to say," Quinn said. "We are not going to worry about pressure.

"If we fail on Saturday, it will not be because Mixu Paatelainen says we are feeling the pressure, it will be because we haven't performed well enough.

"If we play well, we don't have to worry about pressure.

"I was standing here one day when a lot of players got made redundant, when they had to go and see their wives and kids and say, 'We don't have any wages'.

"That's pressure. We were 16 and having to go out and play and crowds were wanting to know why the first-team players weren't playing.

"That's pressure, not playing for the luxury of the top six."

Quinn, whose side finished third last season, added: "There are huge characters in the dressing room. We thrive on it, people save their best games for these situations.

"Mixu is obviously trying to throw a wee spanner in the works, but that's not something we are going to get involved in.

"Mixu can take care of his team and we can take care of ourselves."

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee was equally unconcerned by his Hibs counterpart's comments.

"I really could not care less," McGhee told Clyde 1.

"What Mixu Paatelainen says will not affect the performance of my players on Saturday.

"I do believe that if we beat St Mirren, it will be as good as all over, because I can't see Hibs beating Rangers."

Saints are in good form though after dominating Monday night's 1-1 draw against Hibs, which kept Motherwell's top-six hopes alive.

Quinn said: "They certainly played excellent football on Monday, they were outstanding.

"Hibs had a good five or 10-minute spell in the second half but, other than that, it's up there with the most one-sided games I've seen in the SPL.

"If Rangers can go and do that to Hibs on Sunday, we will be very happy."

Motherwell are hoping for a bumper crowd after reducing all admission prices to £5 but Quinn insists they would be fired up even in front of an empty stadium.

"We like it when the atmosphere is better but we could play behind closed doors and be up for this," he said.

var addthis_pub="andymorgan"; var addthis_brand = "ComeOnBoro.com"; var addthis_options = 'email, aim, aolfav, ask, backflip, ballhype, blinklist, blogmarks, bluedot, buzz, delicious, digg, diigo, facebook, favorites, fark, feedmelinks, friendfeed, furl, google, kaboodle, kirtsy, linkedin, live, magnolia, misterwong, mixx, multiply, myweb, myspace, netvous, newsvine, propeller, reddit, segnalo, sharedstuff, slashdot, spurl, stumbleupon, stylehive, tailrank, technorati, thisnext, twitter, yardbarker, yahoobkm, more';