Pre Reserving Seats

Moe_Green

I know it's Monday morning after a crap display and we're all grumpy ESWF

But yer know gonny get engraved name plates for ST wi 4 days notice and Flow answered the question on the apparently 'empty' ST seats two posts above yours.

I'm not Grumpy - if anything I'm sickened by a display on Saturday, which sadly was precisely what I expected - and I get no pleasure in saying that. And did I say anything about "engraved name plates" ? You cannot disagree with what I said - the stickers were amateurish, and in my opinion un-necessary. Season ticket holders are all in the ground in possession of a ticket which states their seat number. Also in the ground are stewards whose job it is to...........oh forget that. Shot my own argument to hell didn't I :rolleyes:

Stuart.

I'm not Grumpy - if anything I'm sickened by a display on Saturday, which sadly was precisely what I expected - and I get no pleasure in saying that. And did I say anything about "engraved name plates" ? You cannot disagree with what I said - the stickers were amateurish, and in my opinion un-necessary. Season ticket holders are all in the ground in possession of a ticket which states their seat number. Also in the ground are stewards whose job it is to...........oh forget that. Shot my own argument to hell didn't I :rolleyes:

Stuart.

Trying to be light hearted with the engraved name plate point - however with a couple of days notice - printed hi-vis stickers stuck on by a couple of volunteers is all that's required surely.

wrt to the not required point we've had a few 'discussions' on here about folk on both sides of the coin's attitude to someone sittiing in their ST seat and likewise folks reaction to them and their kids being punted from a ST seat a minute after kick off by a ST holder turning up in the knickers of time for the match - when those people have been in the ground for 40 mins. so the stickers let people know. I think they were a reasonable idea.

In fact (noo that I think about it) even when it's a non ST (i.e. cup) game some ST holders moan if you sit in their seat - I experienced that myself this year at the St Mirren match (and I'm a ST holder to btw).

Agree though Saturday was a sickener.

1. Those stickers were just for this match and have already been removed!

2. The club will be looking to have a more permanent solution for next term (but slightly less "in your face" as it were). It was made to look as big and as bright as possible as to avoid non season ticket holders sitting in seats they shouldn't.

3. A lot of stickers (about 1000 mainly in the POD and Coop Stands) were for reserved seats like complimentary tickets and free tickets (Schools, NHS etc)

Cheers

'Flow

Does this mean that all the ST seats and names will up to date? My seat has someone else's name on it and has done for a few years. I wouldn't pay for my name on the seat, just think the person who no longer sits on the seat shouldn't have their name on it. Small complaint in the scheme of things right enough.

Does this mean that all the ST seats and names will up to date? My seat has someone else's name on it and has done for a few years. I wouldn't pay for my name on the seat, just think the person who no longer sits on the seat shouldn't have their name on it. Small complaint in the scheme of things right enough.

I think the first round of name plates went onin the early nineties and I'm sure those are the ones that are still on in some places.

Don't know about the value in a permanent name or reserved name plate - as the ST seating plan will change annually and historically we've never been good at keeping on top of these things.

My season ticket tells me which seat is reserved for me and I carry the booklet with me each time I go to FP so I can show anybody sitting there that the seat is already reserved in my name.

There's better things to do with time and money than update the name badges on each reserved seat.

My season ticket tells me which seat is reserved for me and I carry the booklet with me each time I go to FP so I can show anybody sitting there that the seat is already reserved in my name.

There's better things to do with time and money than update the name badges on each reserved seat.

Do you think? Got to disagree with you on that one. If its offered to people then the club need to stay on top of it. Solution? They shouldn't offer it. Remove all name badges, but all the ST seats should have reserved signs, and there should be a few posters up to show non ST's that they are reserved. When someone doesnt renew and the seat isnt taken up, remove the sign (which can be re-used when needed)

My seat has a name and reserved, my dad's just has reserved so some people might assume his seat is available as there is no name.

the good old I'm alright Jack attitude I've paid my money who cares about the others :D

not a personal dig hat man plenty with your views, but a reminder that there are also a number of non-season ticket holders looking to enjoy a matchday experience at Fir park.

and from many years personal experience I can tell you that it makes for a shit start to the experience if you are repeatedly asked to 'move cause thats my seat'

How is the PATG punter meant to know its a season ticket seat that they are trying to settle into? sometimes with family or a group.

and what if the season ticket punter is running a little late and the discussion takes place standing in the middle of a section obstructing other fans view of the game.

a good policy was put in place for Saturdays game. iIt shouldn't have offended season ticket holders and it should have helped PATG punters pick out vacant seats without having to then be shifted to another area.

It was temporary, but I would hope the club are going for something more permanent that can be updated season to season when seats are occupied/vacated.

I've said it before, If I can save the club money by removing the current plates to prepare for replacements I'll do it myself and trust others would also help out.

Hell I'd also install the replacements although I might struggle to keep up with demand :D

How is the PATG punter meant to know its a season ticket seat that they are trying to settle into? sometimes with family or a group.
See to be fair... see the signs on the ceiling in the east that are marked"M", "F", and "C", don't they say these sections are for season ticket holders?

See to be fair... see the signs on the ceiling in the east that are marked"M", "F", and "C", don't they say these sections are for season ticket holders?

the signs might still say that (outdated why restrict acces to the empty more central premium B-) seats?), they did when they first seated the east, but what about the bigger picture?

the other TWO stands :woop: 'Well fans are in

the rest of the East stand where many season tickets are currently held (notice the stickers!) back row seems popular :blink:

Thats the way it used to be but there was a few seats in the "C" section without any stickers on them on Saturday and there were a sizeable number of seats in the each section of the East stand so its not as easy as some folk think it is.

I used to sit in the F section and never even noticed that sign. Yes the seats are probably predominantly taken up by season ticket holders but there is a fair few that aren't and updating on a year basis which seats are or aren't season ticket seats is something that should be a small priority to let everyone enjoy a slightly more hassle free experience. there is always the odd banger that tries to sit in your seat, but most of the time I daresay it is because we all know just how haphazard and seemingly inacurate the reserved badges on seats are in recent times.