Signings For Next Season!

Morning Guys,

I have heard from people within the club that we are currently trying to tie up Pat Clarke currently at Clyde,

I beleive we have been linked with him in the past and i'm sure he's the young lad that was rumoured to be sigining for some team in china.....

May just be a general enquiry but does anyone no anything about him?

Cheers

why are we looking at players from a team who are heading for the 2nd division if we are looking at any relgation bound teams it should be falkirk

Who cares what team they play for and what situation their team is in. If they can improve our squad then that's surely all that matters.

Dundee Utd for example in the last season have taken on two First Division players from Dundee, one of whom has gone on to play for Scotland. Beyond that they've signed guys from Ayr and Berwick Rangers and they've been a success too.

We simply can't afford to be snobby at what divisions and teams we can and can't sign players from.

I'll be delighted if we go down this route.

Its a risky game but I'd love to see us unearth some genuine talent who will view a move to Motherwell as the chance of a lifetime.

There have been a few murmers about Lee McCulloch. I'd much prefer us make a move for Pat Clarke as opposed to Big Lee who has achieved as much as he is ever going to achieve in football.

Meanwhile if Falkirk go down, I'd fire any money we have towards Scott Arfield. He's not had the best of season but he has the potential to be International class.

I'm excited about the new season already. Fuck the Top 6.

Fuck the top 6 indeed!!

would like to see if anyhting will ever come of the rumours about jim mcallister? is he still at morton?

higdon from falkirk would be good also arfield or even cregg or barr

theres so many possibilities!!

Dundee Utd for example in the last season have taken on two First Division players from Dundee, one of whom has gone on to play for Scotland. Beyond that they've signed guys from Ayr and Berwick Rangers and they've been a success too.

Not to mention Morgaro Gomis who is a cracking wee midfielder that United signed from those giants of world football, Cowdenbeath.

What we need

A Goal Scoring Midfield to replace the "Class" of Hughes. There must be some player doon in the First Division that would take a crack at goal as soon as he hits the 30 yard mark and will at least 4 times out of 50 get it on target.

Only my opinion but Hughes was the only player i gave pass marks to today...however he has been inconsistent to say the least so maybe you have a point.I think the boy Leah Griffin(s ?) could be a good signing, maybe he could give us that edge up front that we've missed since Ports exit. To be honest though, i think there is a clearout needed at Fir Park, a lot of players need to move on. Fitzy, Malcolm, Mcgarry, to name a few could be replaced by better, younger and fitter players even with our small budget. I also think we need a new goalie, obviously Fraser is coming in but we need two solid keepers and Buzz is leaving. I also think we need to look futher a field than just Scotland, many managers suffer from blinkers and it has been proven by Levein at United that players can be moulded from futher a field, even the lower leagues down south into good SPL players (Gomis, Prince Buaban). Just a few ideas the reality obvously is more difficult than i've put :rolleyes:

McGhee fancied Jim McAlister of Morton last year and Dave Mackay at livi!!!

Maybe some renewed interest in Mackay as he as i remember was excited with the prospect of that italian consortum taken livi to the SPL. Least he be guarnteed his pay packet on time here :rolleyes:

Hope its not all loans AGAIN

There are several cracking players in Div1 worth looking at,unfortunately all would cost money and seeing as we just spunked £400k today i wouldnt be surprised if we got that Caley reserve keeper n maybe a couple loans and nothing more!

Some of the guys worth looking at -

Dave MacKay (solid+versatile defender) Murray Davidson (big,young,scoring midfielder) + Leigh Griffiths (dynamite goalscorer) at Livvy, Gary Harkins (goalscoring midfielder) frm Partick. Bob Harris (young left back),Scott Dobbie (decent striker) QOS. Jim McAllister (left mdfielder) Morton

There are several cracking players in Div1 worth looking at,unfortunately all would cost money and seeing as we just spunked £400k today i wouldnt be surprised if we got that Caley reserve keeper n maybe a couple loans and nothing more!

Some of the guys worth looking at -

Dave MacKay (solid+versatile defender) Murray Davidson (big,young,scoring midfielder) + Leigh Griffiths (dynamite goalscorer) at Livvy, Gary Harkins (goalscoring midfielder) frm Partick. Bob Harris (young left back),Scott Dobbie (decent striker) QOS. Jim McAllister (left mdfielder) Morton

Off the top of my head you could add in Dominic Shimmin (defender, Morton) and Nicky Phinn (Dunfermline, goalscoring midfielder).

Whoever we sign I'd like to see the squad in place for the start of the season so we can hit the ground running, something we failed to do this season.