Last 5 Games.....

WellMartyn

Will You Be Coming Back For the Rest of The Season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be back. People are over reacting.

If I can turn up to watch Motherwell when we're finishing bottom of the SPL, I can turn up to watch us finish 7th or 8th.

I just hope in the next few games we get to see the likes of Saunders and Murphy playing more of a part.

I think the fact is Sweeney, we have nothing to play for...which is the reason I'm not going back anyway. If we were down there fighting for our lives then I'd be there no question.

They worry for me is that, if that's how our players play when we HAVE to win, then how will they play when the games mean hee-haw?

I have two Saturday exams so I may miss a couple of games depending on the fixture list.

I'll go to any match I can though.

When I watch 'Well I just want them to win the match. People shouldn't be looking at whether we are the Top Six or not.

Meaningless? Any match has meaning if you give it meaning and I certainly want us to win our remaining matches just as much as I did back in September or October.

Basically a lot of fans are just tossing in the towel. Great attitude.

If that's how our players play when we HAVE to win, then how will they play when the games mean hee-haw?

thats the worrying thing for me,could be some even more dire shite on the way in the next month

we must give Murphy,Saunders and maybe even Slane,Page,Coutts,Meechan or McHugh from the 19`s a game to see what potential they have. Js a total downer today

Nah, I'll likely give the last five games a miss. Today was supposed to mean something and it was absolutely awful, I can't even begin to think how dreadful the last five games will be given we've got nothing to play for. Football is just entertainment - I see nothing entertaining now after the split.

I'll find something more worthwile to do with my Saturdays, like getting smashed in the pub.

I've got a season ticket (well, maybe I don't considering MFC haven't bothered to send me this letter) so I'll probably give it a loan to someone who's daft enough to want to go.

BBC reckoned we'd have 2 home games left - Accies and Inverness. Don't know how they know - but that's what they figured.

Very easy, in the five games we have left we've already played Killie, St Mirren and Falkirk twice at Fir Park and only once away. It's not rocket science.

dont see why people should stop going now, shows who the real fans are

its 5 games to see the well

people should be there cheering on the team showing the players that no matter what we will give them our full support pish or not its OUR team

as people have said the u19s should get a chance now we should be going along to see them the next crop of well players

poor show peeps poor show

For some reason the SPL are insisting on only releasing the last five fixtures of the season after tomorrow's game at Easter Road. Quite what the point in that is only they know.

dont see why people should stop going now, shows who the real fans are

As much as I agree with the fact that people should still go, I don't agree with you claiming that it shows who the real fans are. People are obviously gutted that we've not made the top six, and if they don't want to go to watch us play five games which don't actually mean that much, it doesn't suddenly make them not real fans.

not making the top 6 isnt the end of the world so it baffles me why folk don't want to go?

aye its meaningless but we still have a lanarkshire derby in which we could damage accies chances of staying up if results don't go their way

this sort of season is the just the Motherwell way one minute we are flying next we are hobbling over the finishing line

Aye, I'll be back. I've paid to get into the last couple of games this season so I'm getting my money's worth. If I hadn't, who knows. It wouldn't feel right knowing Motherwell were at home and I wasn't there, but I'd be about £40 better off in the end.

To say that only the real fans will be there next saturday is pretty shite. We've seen our team finishing bottom of the league and we've still came back, it's just most folk would be tempted to be elsewhere on a Saturday unless the tickets were slashed to a fiver until the end of the season.

I think its only natural that when the stakes are lowered that you give it a bit more consideration as to whether you are going to go a game. Some folk will point blank refuse to pay to go watch friendlies for example.

Some say the upside of the split is the excitement a close run finish for 6th place can bring. The downside of that, as we have experienced in the past - and will do again this season, is that not making it is viewed as failure.

Pre-split days you might have happily toddled along to a relatively meaningless Motherwell v St Mirren end of season game and not given the fact there was nothing to play for a second thought. Nowadays the feeling generated by the split is that we've failed and the season is over.

All boils down to much the same thing really, a relatively meaningless end of season game, but perceptions are totally different.

For me personally the home games are a given and the away ones I'll weigh up nearer the time, though I always try to make a point of getting to the last away game of the season.

See the split? What is the point in it? We all seem to have accepted this shitey rule without asking 'What the fuck does it actually do'?

Instead of chasing an albeit faint whiff of Europe, we're now faced with 5 pointless games against the drossiest dross in the SPL. No wonder folk with season tickets don't want to go back. Does anyone rembmer when Butcher was in charge and we were in the bottom 6? Some of the worst games of football I've ever seen.

I could understand the split being there if I noticed ANY benifit it gives to the league. It's an absolute joke. I'll be going back but I wouldn't dream of it if I didn't already have a season ticket.

as u say mate it wouldnt feel right sitting in the house or the pub and knowing Motherwell were at home

so why choose to feel like that if u have the chance to go to see Motherwell

why have a season ticket and not go? thats what i'm getting at with the "real fans" statement