Last 5 Games.....

WellMartyn

Will You Be Coming Back For the Rest of The Season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not having a dig here Emmjay, but what don't you understand exactly?

That Motherwell fans get all high and mighty when Rangers and Celtic play in half empty stadiums because their fans can't be arsed watching a League Cup or Scottish Cup game but then because it's not a a big match the Motherwell fans do the same thing. I think that is probably what she can't understand.

I wait till next season to see all those "Am naw going cause we're pish/playing Falkirk/blah" (delete as appropriate) make comments regarding the Old Firm fans and their exact same stance.

SteveDiggle, we've been acting like Old Firm fans for at least a few seasons now. Be it what is being discussed here or "Player x is not good enough for Motherwell, not Motherwell Class" even though they have probably never seen him play....

We M'Well fans should get behind the team especially when they are rank rotten like today, thats what surely separates us from them! We didn't chose to support 'Well based on them winning every game and we should all know by now the ups and the down associated with following the Well.

Right another problem lies here. Constantly on these boards we have folk going let's get right behind the team etc but really it is the usual wee section that is up off their arse singing at Fir Park. Yeah you could show encouragement in your own preffered way a suppose but when watching the game from yesterday on the old sky plus it was like a reserve match. You could hear the players talking to each other during the game etc. Even at a conference game you wouldn't hear that because the fans always have something to shout about their team.

Sadly at Fir Park the only time we shout is when we have something to moan about!

What exactly is the supposed benefit of this split?

The only real benefit I can think of is that it allows the SPL to have 12 teams, without each team having to play 44 games a season. I'd assume that's why it was brought in in the first place.

I completely agree Iain as you know seeing as we had this discussion yesterday in the boozer. Our support and the support on here is a joke and there is no point hiding from it.

It is the same time and time again on here. People come on here and sit on the boards shoutin about how we need to get right behind the team etc etc, then when a good bunch of lads decide to do something about it and introduce new groups such as the WellBoys and the East End baby crew they slate them for trying to liven the morgue up a bit.

Then once again for 1 match only for the "biggest game of the season" we once again have to get behind the team and cheer the team on and they cant even do that. You would never have known that was an important game yesterday, it was the same old section creating the same old atmosphere. Then in typical fashion these people go bak home, sit on their comp and slate everybody but themselves. Yes the team had a job to do but we have to help them along the way and its fair to say the majority dont.

Bunch of hypocrites

My season ticket went hurling into the bin faster than Andy Dornan's 30 yarder yesteday. No point in going to 2 0r 3 'pre-season' friendlies on a midden of a pitch. Looking forward to see who we sign for next season's campaign.As for this season im on the beach. ;) .

Depends on cash etc.

...as I said on Saturday, the bright side is we get to potentially put teams (particularly Killie) in the shit.

Just imagine the satisfaction of getting one clean up Jeffries... not that I'm bitter or anything.

... anyway theres alway's next year. If we get another good pre season wokout behind us again and a few decent additions we can come flying out of the traps again, like in McGhees first season. Teams may not expect that next year.

sorry but some of us cant afford to pay £18 for meaningless football in this current climate i hope u can understand that

I understand financial constraints. If that's the reason for not going, then the discussion ends there.

But if the Team had won yesterday, would you be making sacrifices to make sure you had the £18 to go for the rest of the season and beyond? :(

Cannot really see why any non season ticket would have the incentive in throwing away £18 to watch what are for Motherwell glorified friendlies. The price is too high at the best of times.

If I want to see 22 amateurs booting high balls up and down a ploughed field then I would go along to King George V on a Saturday, no hang on, am doing KGV a disservice there, its in a far better nick than FP.

FWIW I will be there because Im a ST holder, if I wasnt I would be seriously questioning my attendance .

I suppose it all comes down to why you go to games. I go because Motherwell are my team and whenever I can watch them I do.

Motherwell are my team as well and I'm a season ticket holder but I still have the right to attend or not. I've seen many worse 'Well teams than this over the years but sometimes priorities change and five meaningless fixtures is exactly why I won't be back this season.

Fortunately I was at a wedding yesterday with a few other Well fans including the groom. Managed to catch the 1st half in a boozer but then headed off for the church. Miffed that we missed out on the top 6, but glad in retrospect that I missed the game. Always a lot more painful when you are there in person.

But I am quite frankly baffled why people who have a season ticket and profess to support Motherwell are considering not going to the remaining home games :( Fair do's if you have to pay to get in, then I totally understand that these games may appear meaningless. Just wait until 6 weeks into the 10 week break and you will be wishing that Well had a meaningless game at home to ICT. The summer is a nightmare.

We still have to cement 7th place and have a lanarkshire derby coming up. I will probably end up going to at least 4 of the remaining 5 games because I just like watching my team play, even if they do (and always will) turn in rank performances in games that matter.

Sat next to the grooms father and mother yesterday. She was 81 and her favourite player was Stevie Kirk. He was 79 and not in the best of health - his favourite players were Willie Hunter or Andy Paton. Life's too short to get the hump :(

Only two home games left before the end of the season. With one of them being Inverness on a Wednesday night we will be lucky to get more than 6000 punters in total for both games.

The Inverness game may attract around 2,500 and the Killie one 3,500.

The last games crowd will all depend on how Killie are doing regarding relegation.

Reading the fixtures, can i be arsed driving from Lanark to Motherwell using my petrol to watch a meaningless game against inverness on a Wednesday night? Probably not. Kilmarnock on the last day? Il probably go seeing as its paid for but half 12 kick off is a joke. And as for the away games, no chance.