Jamie Dolan Memorial Pool Tournament

AndyRoss

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to say a HUGE thank you to all those involved in what was a fantastic night. I don't know if it's possible to realise how smoothly it went until you've been to something which hasn't (final at 2am after the bar's closed, for example)

Great to see the former players, the current players, the chairman, and the fans, all giving up their time and money for an excellent cause.

It was a privilege to attend, and get knocked out by the captain of our cup-winning side (I took a dive, honest !) and I hope that a similar event can be held again.

Well done to everybody.

Aye, I think that's wrong.

The whole thing is a personal choice situation. Sounds like the club were well represented. We've no right to questions someones personal reasons for not being there.

let the night stand as a classic night - made by those that could attend.

Don't sully a great night and a great result for a great cause by digging around for the reasons for anyone being unable to attend. i think that's grossly unfair.

I'm sure they would have had good reason not to attend - it would've been nice if they had let us know, but I won't hold it against them if they lead us back to Europe next season! Most of the legends who were papped out were quite happy to play again anyway so everything worked out well in the end.

It was an excellent night, I think everyone enjoyed it and I think it's worth thinking about doing it again next year for another good cause.

Also a big thanks goes to, not only the players in the tournament, but to Diane and Karen from the club who turned up and helped out. I'm sure Dianes approach to selling raffle tickets added an extra few pounds to the pot! :rolleyes:

Frazzle

Sounds like another good night that I've missed out on, thats a great amount to have raised from one night

very well done to all who helped organise, manage and take part on the night that made it so.

Is there a paypal link still active to add a little to the funds?

Had to leave before the final to go to work, a great night with fantastic prizes as well, Well done.

Special mention to Sarah for her support against Stevie Kirk, (he'd beaten her in the previous round and she wanted to put him off with some unusual tactics), ended up putting mee off more than Kirkie.

:D I tried my very best!

A huge well done to everyone who helped/organised/showed up last night. Had a fantastic time and so glad how much was raised for Jamie's family.

Been rough all day, that's me just about recovered now - so it was definitely a good night! All the players and ex-players were great, chatting away and having a good laugh. Stevie Kirk had some good banter too - that's why I let him win... :rolleyes:

Tam Cowan was great as usual too and the auction went really well. Gutted my dad didn't win the new strip....don't think he even knew what he was bidding for actually! And fair play to Craigan for offering me his strip - decent guy!

Fantastic night!! Here's to many more! :D

And does anyone have any photos from last night? My camera battery ran out at half 7!!

Talking of photos if anybody has any photos from the night that they would like to share , please post them up or if that admin ain't too keen on that send them to welltrust@live.co.uk.

Hopefully will be various articles popping up about the night and it would be good to get some good pics to go with them.

Cheers

I have some of Chairman Boyle playing pool and some of my match against Boaby Russell, none of Sarah putting off Kirkie, which was funny as fuck.

There was me thinking I would be remembered for my superb pool skills too! :lol:

...I'm sure Dianes approach to selling raffle tickets added an extra few pounds to the pot! :lol:

Frazzle

Oooft... After almost 40 years of both mental & physical abuse from her, I shudder to think what that might've involved. Mind you, as she breathes & bleeds MFC I can forgive her. :D

Well done sis... And again, well done to all involved.

Great to read that people enjoyed the night - well done to everyone who came along.

One problem I have encounterd - The concert tickets (I won some in the raffle the pair of Boyzone ones were auctioned) , have went missing. I fear that I put them in the bag with all the Comedy Unit goodies.

Colc thinks they were won by Davie Whiteford?

If anybody is able to get in touch with Davie could you ask him to have a wee look to see if the envelope is in the bag?

Oh and if the guy who won tickets for tomorrow's game could get in touch so I can sort out collection of tickets at The Falkirk Stadium tomorrow that'd be smashing.

Should have a final total available for the night very soon. The final sums will be done at a meeting on Wednesday night before the blockbuster clash with ICT.

Diane at MFC (legend) took a lot of pictures of the night and I have uploaded them onto Photobucket Link

Hello again.

Just to let you guys know there will be buckets in the bars before the game tonight for anybody who may not yet have got the chance to donate.

There is also a chance we may have buckets at the entrances to the O'Donnell and Cooper stands.

I thought I had a plan of action as to helpers with the collection but that may have ran into trouble. If anyone is able to lend a hand please give me a shout.

• 2 weeks later...