Stephen Hughes

wellfan29

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Radio? Wonder who started that rumour Jambohun Ewan Cameron, by any chance? :D

As already said, the same man with all those exclusives that never became true, or even hinted in happening.

I'd reckon (and hope!) Camerons at it again with putting 2+2 together with Aguair on his way and Shug as a replacement?

Elliott has apparently been man-of-the-match the last three games he's played. Makes you wonder how badly the rest of his team-mates must be performing if he's managed that!

I actually said to a few folk at the game on Saturday that I'd expect Hughes to go to Hearts in the summer.

No sources or anything, just reckon that he's not done enough in a 'Well shirt to justify a move back down south, so the 3rd placed side in Scotland is probably the best bet.

Would be interesting to see him join a team who he said aren't better than us, they're just luckier.

"Watching the game you wouldn't say they were better than us - I don't think they're a better team than us. It's maybe a bit of luck."

Stephen Hughes

Maybe if he does join FHW he can bring some bad luck their way. :blink:

If and when he leaves Motherwell, he will become meaningless to me. I wouldn't wish any misfortune on him, but I wouldn't particularly wish him any great success.

To be fair, the clubs that will be looking for a creative midfielder during the summer would surely see him as second choice after Andy Dornan anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was here for another season.

Frazzle

To be fair, the clubs that will be looking for a creative midfielder during the summer would surely see him as second choice after Andy Dornan anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was here for another season.

hughes ran the game for the first hour on saturday and was head and shoulders above every midfielder on the park. dorman scored a good goal but wasn't that impressive.

dorman has something of the brian kerr/ged brannan about while hughes is a class act.

hughes ran the game for the first hour on saturday and was head and shoulders above every midfielder on the park. dorman scored a good goal but wasn't that impressive.

dorman has something of the brian kerr/ged brannan about while hughes is a class act.

If by class act you mean he strolls about ineffectually for bulk of game then you'd be right. Hughes this season has almost turned into a Brian Kerr clone.

Was probably far from his worst game on saturday Hughes but other than a shot pulled wide and being unlucky to see a headed effort late on hit the bar what exactly did he do that was so great. I don't recall seeing him demanding the ball, spraying the passes about or creating much?

i heard that steven hughes had signed a pre-contract agreement with Celtic and that it was'nt getting confirmed until the start of the new season.. the same with Buzz he is supposed to have signed a pre-contract agreement with Hibs and this too will be confirmed at the start of the new season...

Mon the Well

Is John Colquhoun still Hughes' agent?

Think Tynecastle will be one of the more likelier destinations for him as he seems eager to stay north of the border.

At the time of his arrival I'd probably say he was our most exciting singing for a number of years. Shall be gutted to see him go but wish him all the best regardless of where he ends up!

i heard that steven hughes had signed a pre-contract agreement with Celtic and that it was'nt getting confirmed until the start of the new season.. the same with Buzz he is supposed to have signed a pre-contract agreement with Hibs and this too will be confirmed at the start of the new season...

Mon the Well

He said himself that hes not going to Celtic (after I asked my sister to ask his wife to corfirm from him :lol:). But he certainly isn't going to Celtic.

As previously just said, if its anywhere in Scotland it'll be Hearts - I can't see him going back down south so soon (after the torrid time he said he had).

It'll like him to stay but like all good players that grace C&A they move onto to bigger things (thats a wage packet, I mean :rolleyes: ).