Concession Age Lowered

Guest 'Flow

Well done to the club on changing their stance on this. I think this could've been a quick win from the club and could've gained them further favour if they implemented the change in gate price immediately. I trust the club will have no problems in folk "using their discretion" on this in the remaining 2 games :lol:

I do see what you're saying Frazzle, but the main thing is that the club have lowered it back to 60. What's done is done and I think things can only keep getting better at the club if recent changes are anything to go on.

Don't think that much credit is due for this particular move. If I shat on your lawn, then came back and cleaned it up a couple of months later, would you give me a big pat on the back?

Frazzle

No but I'd be far more inclined to allow you back in my garden again instead of rubbing the shite in your face if you ever came back.

You're getting a bit cynical in your old age mate, credit is due for them swallowing their pride and making the right move.

It seems that all the news that's been coming out lately that have supposedly been part of the trusts mission mandate isn't good enough cos your not getting your wee press exclusive on it?!? I could be wrong, but posts like this and the ones on the canterbury thread are making me think really negatively about the trust, after all your hard work in winning me round in the first place!

Yeah, I agree on the whole and, while there's people on here who will criticise the club no matter what, there's also a core of people equally as mindless who will lavish undue praise willy-nilly. They made a mess, realised it and fixed it - probably made a few quid out of it in between times - I don't think that deserves praise.

But aye, on the whole the club is doing well off the field and I'll always give credit where it's due but I just feel in this case that it isn't.

Frazzle

It seems that all the news that's been coming out lately that have supposedly been part of the trusts mission mandate isn't good enough cos your not getting your wee press exclusive on it?!? I could be wrong, but posts like this and the ones on the canterbury thread are making me think really negatively about the trust, after all your hard work in winning me round in the first place!

That is absolute nonsense. I don't even know what you're on about when you talk about press exclusives, but it's miles wide of the mark. I think I've posted a lot more positive stuff on here about Leann Dempster and the office staff at the club than I have negative over the last few months, but I judge cases on their individual merits. There's too many posters on here who decide that they like an individual ('Flow being the most obvious example) and then just wax lyrical everytime he announces something. I'm afraid you can spin it any way you like, but making an arse of something, reaping the benefits of it for a wee while, then changing it back does not merit praise in my book. Maybe I'm just harder to please than others.

Also - don't judge the Trust on what I say. We have a Motherwell Supporters Trust log-in for that. There would be no members left if everyone took my ramblings as the Trusts official stance on things.

Frazzle

Fair Play to the club on this.. the old regiem made a fuck up, the new one fixed it. Couldn't really do it any earlier because then the folk who got stung with this in buying season tickets would have been looking for a refund the club couldn't give.

so credit where credit is due

Lee

There would be no members left if everyone took my ramblings as the Trusts official stance on things.

Frazzle

As a Trust member your posts are bound to reflect back on the Trust Yopur recent efforts, the attack on McGhee in the "Best team in 40 years" thread, the Canterbury thread, and now this one, have been nothing short of embarrassing, maybe not for you, but defiinitely to the Trust.

My only exposure to the Trust is through Steelmenonline, therefore my major exposure is through you. That's why I am not a member.

The answer is simple enough, either disassociate yourself from the trust or learn to curtail your ramblings.

It won't affect me for a years yet I'm happy to say but this is a good move and a further indication of a change of attitude at Fir Park. For someone in their early 60s and on a tight budget this might just make all the difference between renewing or not. Chances are too that a fan of that age would have been going to Fir Park for a good number of years.

As a Trust member your posts are bound to reflect back on the Trust Yopur recent efforts, the attack on McGhee in the "Best team in 40 years" thread, the Canterbury thread, and now this one, have been nothing short of embarrassing, maybe not for you, but defiinitely to the Trust.

My only exposure to the Trust is through Steelmenonline, therefore my major exposure is through you. That's why I am not a member.

The answer is simple enough, either disassociate yourself from the trust or learn to curtail your ramblings.

I'm not going to do either of those things. As a Trust board member, I'll promote the organisation when appropriate, and as a Motherwell fan posting on a forum, this is where I'll let off steam, which is the exact purpose of the forums if I'm not mistaken.

If you're trying to claim that you have chosen not to join the Trust because of my own personal opinion on matters of no relevance to the Trust, then it's a shame, but I won't lose any sleep over it. I honestly don't think I could say or do anything to make you sign up.

Frazzle

I'm not going to do either of those things. As a Trust board member, I'll promote the organisation when appropriate, and as a Motherwell fan posting on a forum, this is where I'll let off steam, which is the exact purpose of the forums if I'm not mistaken.

If you're trying to claim that you have chosen not to join the Trust because of my own personal opinion on matters of no relevance to the Trust, then it's a shame, but I won't lose any sleep over it. I honestly don't think I could say or do anything to make you sign up.

Frazzle

I agree with you on that Frazzle, your opinion does not necessarily reflect that of the trust.

However, the cynical side of me thinks that your displeasure at the club 'correcting a few wrongs' is borne out the realisation that as the club and the fanbase become closer, the relevance of the Trust becomes even less!

Guest 'Flow

Well, I know Hearts have released their Season Book prices so as a comparison to your claim, I went onto their website (click here) to compare for Senior Citizens/Concessions Season Book prices for 09/10 (it must be noted that Hearts have set the age of 65 whereas 'Well, as this topic has highlighted, Motherwell have reverted back to 60)...

Hearts have four categories split into quality of areas where we have three split into stands...

HEARTS (Over 65's / FT Students) for 2009/2010

Platinum Zone:

Early Bird: £280 Normal: £300

Gold:

Early Bird: £215 Normal: £240

Silver:

Early Bird: £175 Normal: £195

Bronze:

Early Bird: £155 Normal: £170

* Early Bird offer runs till May 11th

MOTHERWELL (Over 60's / FT Students) for 2009/2010

Phil O'Donnell Stand:

Early Bird: £186 Normal: £207

Davie Cooper Stand:

Early Bird: £157.50 Normal: £175

East Stand:

Early Bird: £135 Normal: £150

* Early Bird offer runs to May 31st

So, as you can see, we're already much cheaper than Hearts for Season Tickets (Indeed, for the top level tickets we're almost £100 cheaper - £300 as compared to our £207). Hearts will charge Senior Citizens / FT Students £15 to sit in the Roseburn Upper next year (where 'Well fans are housed as they don't open the bottom section). That is the same price we charge Hearts' Senior Citizens to get into Fir Park (It's currently £14 for the East Stand too).

As far as I am aware and off the top of my head, both Aberdeen and Inverness also charge £15 for concessions too?

'Flow

Is there any indication when season tickets will go on sale ? The closing date for the discount is May 31st - the last game of the season is May 23rd. I don't recall season tickets ever having gone on sale while the current season is still being played so that would only allow a week to take advantage of the discount, and without wishing to appear cynical we all know how well the club cope with ticketing under pressure.

Stuart.

I agree with you on that Frazzle, your opinion does not necessarily reflect that of the trust.

However, the cynical side of me thinks that your displeasure at the club 'correcting a few wrongs' is borne out the realisation that as the club and the fanbase become closer, the relevance of the Trust becomes even less!

I don't think that's true. The Trust want the club and the fans to communicate better - we've been saying that for years. I'm not displeased at the club correcting wrongs - quite the opposite - but when it's the same people making the wrongs as fixing them, I won't go OTT with praise. However, the vast majority of measures taken by the current chief executive have been positive and also the way that she has gone about it in terms of constantly communicating with the fans, etc has met with nothing but approval from me. I would also go as far as to say that Leann Dempster is possibly the most open, honest and clued-up member of MFC staff I've ever spoken to (no disrespect to anyone else when I say that) and I'm genuinely positive about the direction that she will take the club in.

What I will admit is that, as a result of all the positive stuff happening at the club, it will make it more difficult for the Trust to attract members. It's no secret that our membership numbers soared when the club was in crisis, and began to dwindle when the club was back on a sound financial footing. However, what I can identify that perhaps past MST board members can't is that Motherwell Football Club is a helluva lot more important than the Motherwell Supporters Trust, so I'm quite happy with the situation at the moment.

I hope that clears it up for the cynics! :huh:

Frazzle

I don't think that's true. The Trust want the club and the fans to communicate better - we've been saying that for years. I'm not displeased at the club correcting wrongs - quite the opposite - but when it's the same people making the wrongs as fixing them, I won't go OTT with praise. However, the vast majority of measures taken by the current chief executive have been positive and also the way that she has gone about it in terms of constantly communicating with the fans, etc has met with nothing but approval from me. I would also go as far as to say that Leann Dempster is possibly the most open, honest and clued-up member of MFC staff I've ever spoken to (no disrespect to anyone else when I say that) and I'm genuinely positive about the direction that she will take the club in.

What I will admit is that, as a result of all the positive stuff happening at the club, it will make it more difficult for the Trust to attract members. It's no secret that our membership numbers soared when the club was in crisis, and began to dwindle when the club was back on a sound financial footing. However, what I can identify that perhaps past MST board members can't is that Motherwell Football Club is a helluva lot more important than the Motherwell Supporters Trust, so I'm quite happy with the situation at the moment.

I hope that clears it up for the cynics! B-)

Frazzle

I think it's worthy of even higher praise when the one who made the error holds his hands up and sets about amending it themselves. It shows that person is able to recognise the error and do something about it. It's also a lesson for the future maybe they will look at things from a different viewpoint in the future. I think the club should derive a great deal of credit from this episode and deservedly so.

• 2 weeks later...