Falkirk V Motherwell Thread

Rickoza

To Gazzy B. Go forth and multiply.

Meaningless games?

- Then why are the fans not being allowed in for free. :P

- Tell the chairman, because every point gained earns the club money. :P

- The club owe it to other clubs in the relegation zone to put up serious performances. :P

- Fans will hardly be swayed into renewing season tickets with kind of garbage served-up. :P

No, this just goes to show Mark McGhee that there is a clear-out needed at FP. Too many players have been getting it too easy for too long now. There is no pressure being put on the first team squad by the fringe players so they know they can get away with this kind of shite. :P

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To Gazzy B. Go forth and multiply.

Meaningless games?

- Then why are the fans not being allowed in for free. :P

- Tell the chairman, because every point gained earns the club money. :P

- The club owe it to other clubs in the relegation zone to put up serious performances. :P

- Fans will hardly be swayed into renewing season tickets with kind of garbage served-up. :P

No, this just goes to show Mark McGhee that there is a clear-out needed at FP. Too many players have been getting it too easy for too long now. There is no pressure being put on the first team squad by the fringe players so they know they can get away with this kind of shite. :P

Go forth and multiply? :P

I shall engage in a proper debate with you later. Wee bit busy at the moment.

Once again McGhee has talked a good game and when it comes to where the talking SHOULD be done, on the park, we have failed to deliver. Can only echo what the Grew has said here. We can only assume Hughes is staying? If not, get hime tae fuck and get Lasley in midfield and Saunders at right back.

That, frankly, is an embarrassment of a result, and as far as I can work out, we're still not mathematically safe, albeit, it would take the coming together of the most unlikeliest of outcomes.

No wins in 4 now. What will this be blamed on this time? Especially the last two? This is a Falkirk side remember missing both Higdon and Lovell!!!

Absolute total and utter fucking pish.

Got to say I was mildly interested since I bet us but on the whole was not that bothered. Not going to have much of a go as 1) I wasn't there and 2) looking at the stats we seem to have had most of the game and 3) our defence was a bit makeshift. But a bit disappointed we didn't take the chance to give one of the young centre halfs a shot - someone like Page could have played and we shunt McLean into right back - maybe still have lost but would have given him an education.

That, frankly, is an embarrassment of a result, and as far as I can work out, we're still not mathematically safe, albeit, it would take the coming together of the most unlikeliest of outcomes.

It would take a points deduction to relegate us it just can't happen with any combination of results

For Falkirk to pass us they have to win all 4 or win 3 draw 1 which means all the others have to lose at least one to them

that leaves the others who can catch us from 34 but since Falkirk have beat them once then both of them can't catch us

Understand?

EDIT: and like tweed a dissapointment for me today was patching up the side with out of position players instead of developing a couple of youth players, might not have changed the result but would have benefitted the club future much more than playing Las at rightback?

as well as that players who will not be here next year getting squad slots over those that will be here, but maybe the boss is still looking at league position

Agree with everything the Grew said. Why was Sheridan even introduced if we're planning for next season? I hate to quote myself from another thread but

I honestly believe that our chances of getting that one win to secure seventh are not improved by playing guys like Hughes, Smith, Klimpl and McLean, guys who may not be here next season

Yes, we had a lot of possession according to the stats, but we need guys who are committed beyond trying to impress other clubs...

we gifted falkirk 3 points today. Our defence was a nightmare. Lasley should never play right back ever again. Why get sheridan, who could not mark his own shaddow, to mark scobie at a corner. Why did McGarry run away from goal when thru on the goalie?? Young murphy did more in his short time on the field than Sutton & McGarry combined.

So many questions yet again from an inept performance.

On todays performance it would appear not many want to be here next season. If we only sign one player, it needs to be a leader who can organise and motivate the guys on the park.

Yeah its all over 2-1

4 bookings?!

but it's all meaningless seemingly so there will be no jizz fest over the loss this evening

It is largely meaningless if you were not at the game. I was and despite the fact we played OK at times it was patently obvious who wanted it more. I guess that is hardly surprising given what is at stake for Falkirk, but too many times today our players watched and waited for the ball to bounce or to come to them instead of making it happen. At 2-1 with falkirk down to 10 men I thought game on, but if anything we played worse still - our players got muddled up in defence in the middle of the park when there were far easier passes on.

A lot of fans have said why pay £21 for a meaningless game - and you know they were right! I will go to the 2 remaining home games and Hamilton away (cos it's our derby), but I am not heading thorugh to Love St to watch players who clearly feel the end of season has already arrived.

We may not get relgated but on current performance we could finish 10th or 11th and that would cost the club hundreds of £000's. Lasley at right back - do me a favour. A decent midfielder but he is not blessed with pace. It was an accident waiting to happen.

Pass marks to me for Hammell, MacLean, Klimpl and possibly Clarky. As for Hughes - all this hullaballoo about keeping him. I am not that fussed. On his day he is a great player - but these days are becoming fewer and far between. We need a midfielder that is not frightened to have a dig at goal.

Pull the finger out Motherwell.

We may not get relgated but on current performance we could finish 10th or 11th and that would cost the club hundreds of £000's. Lasley at right back - do me a favour. A decent midfielder but he is not blessed with pace. It was an accident waiting to happen.

Without wishing to go on (and on and on), this is why I wanted to see young players in the team today and for the rest of the season. If we see which of these guys can cut it at this level, then next season we may not have to resort to Keith Lasley at right back. No disrespect to Lasley...

Has McGhee not learned his lesson from playing players out of position? Lasley at right back!?!? It didn't work when he was played there earlier in the season, it's not going to work now! Why not try the young guy Saunders who came in a did quite well there at the end of last year?

The last two games against St Mirren and Falkirk, lost both, no goals from open play, 4 conceded. Diabolical doesn't even begin to describe it.

There's no such thing as a "meaningless" game when there's league points still to play for and the small factor of trying to restore a bit of pride.

Mass clearout needed in the summer.