Falkirk V Motherwell Thread

Rickoza

Thought it was a good game today. One of the better games we have had at falkirk. Thought we had alot of possesion first half, but we ave got nothing up front. To slow to move the ball and some of the players want too much time on the ball. Only got going after their player got sent off.

Arfield had a good game. That is the type of player we need, a box to box midfielder. Also need a captian, not a lot of fight in the team. Mcghee found out a few things for next season:

Lasley is not a right back. Thought he might have gave the young boy Saunders a game.

McLean and Reynolds are not a defensive partnership. Mclean started ok but ok, but got worse. Reynolds was again rotten.

We need width in the team. McGarry and Fitz didn't offer anything out wide. Thought Murphy played well when he came on. Hopefully he starts next week.

John Sutton is terrible and we need a target man like Ports.

Overall though not to disappointed. Thought, Hammell, Kimpl, Clarky and Murphy played well.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before earlier. The first team players get away with poor performances because they know that there is nobody among the rest of the squad going to oust them. MM knows this and worse the players know that MM knows this.

All this pontificating about only wanting players who want to play for the club etc. etc. is just bullshit of the highest order. Every player that is currently or soon to be out of contract should be given a contract offer with the club's absolute best offer, given one month to consider it and sign it and if they haven't done so by the end of that time then they should be told to pack-up and move out pdq.

By doing this he will then know the extent of the team re-building that's in front of him. He will to tackle this fast for next season and cannot afford to piss about. Now is the time for actions, after all its not as if he or us didn't know this was coming.

Leave Leitch in charge of the team until the end of the season and get out and about and suss out if there's anybody worth picking up from the sides that are destined for another season in Division 1 (Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick, Morton, Livingston) and interested in playing SPL for us. Get in a few hard working reliable pros that can reproduce solid performances on a regular basis - particularly defenders a la Joe Wark/Brian Martin.

I said it before earlier. The first team players get away with poor performances because they know that there is nobody among the rest of the squad going to oust them. MM knows this and worse the players know that MM knows this.

I would argue that worse than that everyone at Fir Park (supporters, management and players) know that McGhee has his favourites who will not be ousted irrespective of form and whether there are players that would be able to do a better job. The names McGarry, Reynolds and Hughes leap to mind...

EDIT I know McGarry has been dropped but he seems to return for key games despite having shown nothing in substitute appearances...

How many other teams supporters can say their teams line up is baffling as often as we do why not play people in the position they are comfortable in and stop messing about for the sake of it

Thought I'd just highlight the corners count as it shows just how ineffective we have been from corners the whole season long really.

Thought I'd just highlight the corners count as it shows just how ineffective we have been from corners the whole season long really.

You'll be in good company next week then, we had similar stats against Hibs, last time we scored from a corner was 1987 seemingly? :thumbup:

Maybe both teams should just admit there shi*e from corners and don't bother to send anyone up, would be interesting? :lol:

We did score twice from corners the day we beat you at Fir Park in September but I don't remember any others which is damning. THe commentator said during your game with Hibs that St Mirren were the only team in Britain not to have scored from a corner this season. I would suspect the goal you scored later in that game would be deemed as in the next phase of play and I know nothing about the goal you scored yesterday but that is brutal. So aye next week we should play three corners a penalty to make it interesting :thumbup:

Last time I remember we scored from a corner was when Crawford Baptie headed in at the back post against Hibs without having to jump! :thumbup:

Maybe Chris McCart scored one after that but that's about it. :lol:

If we don't pull up their socks we aren't even going to finish 7th.

McGhee keeps going on about our great recent form but its five without a win now and three defeats on the trot.

I'm happy for McGhee to have a third season in charge but some of his recent decisions, tactics and selections have been baffling.

We did score twice from corners the day we beat you at Fir Park in September but I don't remember any others which is damning. THe commentator said during your game with Hibs that St Mirren were the only team in Britain not to have scored from a corner this season. I would suspect the goal you scored later in that game would be deemed as in the next phase of play and I know nothing about the goal you scored yesterday but that is brutal. So aye next week we should play three corners a penalty to make it interesting :evilgrin:

My money will still be on 0-0. :whistling:

Couldn't be less bothered by that yesterday, shocking I know.

I want Falkirk to stay up though, for lager reasons (mate's a Falkirk fan and we always get a good swally at the games)

Equally though I will be bothered next week as, well I am going to go and we need to get a win soon to secure our place as 'Champions of the Bottom Six'!! :evilgrin:

P.S, did you know that the original split actually had two trophies, one for each of the 'Champions' of the two SPL 'leagues'. Aberdeen 'won' the bottom six and when they tried to give them the trophy they told the spl to get tae fuck!!

Ehm... Bring it back!! :whistling:

I've never been more certain of anything that we won't finish 7th.

I said after the St Mirren game that we won't win another game this season and I stand by it.

I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong of course!

EDIT: Just saw the "highlights" on BBC. The defending for both goals yesterday was fucking diabolical. Clarkys penalty was far from convincing aswell.

I agree with that we're playing teams fighting for their lives and we're on the beach not giving a monkey's. Which is why im not going to any of our last 4 games. Roll on next season with 5 new players in and the deadwood out. we wont win another game this season. :whistling: .

I agree with that we're playing teams fighting for their lives and we're on the beach not giving a monkey's. Which is why im not going to any of our last 4 games. Roll on next season with 5 new players in and the deadwood out. we wont win another game this season. :unsure: .

Remember Malpas's last 5............ we were seemingly safe and ended close to being relegated :D