Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

Might be a very good shout Craig - i'll check that out tomorrow actually. If that were the case though, then surely we could go down the same avenue given we are sponsored by a Bookies?

Our Nancy game shirt was without sponsor so if we progress in the Europa league we may get that again. I know I have bought the Xara black and white away strip without sponsor :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Nancy game shirt was without sponsor so if we progress in the Europa league we may get that again. I know I have bought the Xara black and white away strip without sponsor :D

I think that one was originally a training top that was brought into emergency use when we drew East Fife in the league cup when it was deemed that both the home and away strips were too similar to theirs.

The one that seemed to be modelled on the England home strip of the day with a black vertical stripe. I'm sure they continued to be sold in the shop as a training top without any sponsor.

Would be nice to be able to buy a top without the sponsors name but it's income the club cant afford to lose and on that basis it wouldnt stop me buying a new strip. My only whinge would be that we all have a huge stash of old Well tops and many of these are still very smart looking tops that feel dated due to the sponsors logo splashed across the front - how many people have one of the black and white motorola tops that just dont get worn or own the Zoom gear but wont wear it purely due to the logo!!

Hmm is that a wee exclusive there Dave?

Afraid not - It was back at the tail end of last year that we talked to him about it!

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long sleeve ????

Long sleeve is available yes, there's one on display behind the counter in the shop - will get an image online soon

if true - there's a lesson to be learned! laugh.gif

Did Shug or Klimpl have a say in the away kit? ohmy.gif

If we'd let Klimpl choose it I'd expect something along these lines:

battle2.jpg

I seem to remember when Rangers & Celtic started selling the jerseys without sponsors it was to do with their Muslim fans. In fact, after a quick Google search, I've found an article on it:

:O There's catholic and proddie muslims now? :O:thumbup:

I knew someone would comment on that! It is true though about the Muslim supporters... there's a minority in every support. Although I'm sure Muslims supporting Rangers or Celtic fans don't have Catholic or Protestant persuasions!!!

Anyway, looking forward to checking out the new jersey in the flesh.

Some comments of praise on FootballShirtCulture.com too.

:(

Déjà vu! :(

Good to see fans of other teams complimenting it!

You've not said what you think about the top now that you've seen it mate?

What's yer thoughts?

'Flow

No different than before, it's a Portsmouth top in amber with a claret hoop. Canterbury don't do original, they have one basic design and that's what you get, plastered with their logos and trademarks, above the badge even, the cheeky bastards.

Motherwell players will take the field in that strip wearing two Motherwell badges and 18 Kiwis. Nothing about the socks says Motherwell except the claret band which they've defaced with another set of kiwis. It should say "The 'Well" on that band, or even the club badge.

Looking at the strip, it says Canterbury first, and Motherwell second.

No different than before, it's a Portsmouth top in amber with a claret hoop. Canterbury don't do original, they have one basic design and that's what you get,

I saw a comment from Dave somewhere, possibly on FootballShirtCulture, that no CCC designers were used for our kit. Obviously the kiwi badges then get stuck onto the design as standard for the Canterbury kits. The hoop aside, there are differences between our shirt and Pompey's.

Hopefully it'll be revealed at the same time as the Away Kit.. It's an interesting one, Buzz got a say in it :thumbup:

I for one hope he's still around to wear it, For my money he's a great 'keeper bit flappy at crosses but makes up for it other ways (including swingng on crossbars)

I think the strip looks brilliant. Went up to try see it 'in real life' today butthe shop had closed.

The 'Men Of Steel' ad's for the launch are impressive and the whole teaser campaign was a good build up. I just wonder if the people involved with this at the club feel that the time and effort put into it might help us renew our sponsorship deal with JAXX in the summer and even Canterbury, when the time comes, as I would imagine the campaign hasn't gone unnoticed by either of them.