Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

I'm ragin', the most angry man on the planet, I don't give a shit about football strips but I'm going to be fucking ragin' anyway, it's a Portsmouth top in amber with a claret hoop, canterbury don't do original

So, in other words a completely unique strip :thumbup:

Get a grip of yerself min!!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, theres more to it other than the badge, colours, the fact we have a hoop....

8af1007986ae22c77bfa.jpeg

the stripes at the side for example. on the well top the oval starts under the hoop and is is thin piping, the pompey one is a thick band and goes all the way up to the armpit.

Also on the subject of the top being available without sponsorship logos. I like that idea, and to offset any revenue lost through sponsorship deals, the club could add an extra £10 if you wanted one without the advertising. just a thought.

Well the 3 dots are as much are part of the Canterbury jerseys as the kiwi logo it seems, so they'd have been added no matter what.

The Pompey shirt also has a stripe design on the back, the Motherwell one doesn't (well I don't think it does, not really seen the back), so there's another difference. Certainly a couple of things are the same, the piping at the join of the arm and body, and the collar. It's certainly not the Pompey template though as there are more differences than similarities.

God help someone has a view against the majority. :thumbup:

Did the Motherwell designers put the 3 dots under the arms, which coincidentally occurs on most of the CCC tops?

Thats like whinging like fuck at Adidas for putting three stripes down the sleves, claiming they are bastardising the strip!!!

And for what it's worth there are plenty of wee details that look different to the other CCC Strips, wee bits of piping here and there for instance. it is OUR strip, albeit with CCC fashion influences but it's not like we have an Aberdeen/Accies/Stranraer off the shelf thing you can buy without the club badge for £11.99 in Sports Soccer!

It's certainly not the Pompey template though as there are more differences than similarities.

Looks very much like it to me, a template provides the starting point and that Pompey top is the basis for ours. Still as said before I like it and I'm glad I don't support PNE who got Pompey's template from the previous season for their new kit. At least we're only one season behind. :D

Thats like whinging like fuck at Adidas for putting three stripes down the sleves, claiming they are bastardising the strip!!!

Nonsense with Adidas you know what you're getting three stripes down the sleeves and a wee logo on the shirt, the three stripes dont take away from the look of the shirt and their logo is fairly understated as is Nike's swoosh and Umbro's diamond.

There are kiwis dotted all over the strip, I counted 18 on what can be seen on the photos. Why are they needed on the sleeves when one takes pride of place above the badge.

Why no back view by the way? What colour are the numbers black or white?

Nonsense with Adidas you know what you're getting three stripes down the sleeves and a wee logo on the shirt, the three stripes dont take away from the look of the shirt and their logo is fairly understated as is Nike's swoosh and Umbro's diamond.

There are kiwis dotted all over the strip, I counted 18 on what can be seen on the photos. Why are they needed on the sleeves when one takes pride of place above the badge.

Why no back view by the way? What colour are the numbers black or white?

18 Kiwis? Do you mean 6 (sets of 3 circles - which = 1 x their logo) - 3 on the top, 1 on the shorts and one on each sock.

And people know what they are getting with Canterbury in the football market, looking at other strips they've done they have logos on the sleeves there too.

Also, with some adidas strips you have three stripes from the neck down the sleeves, down the shorts, on the socks, plus their actual logo on the socks, shorts and top. (which by your reckoning would mean 30ish stripes on the strip)

anyway, there were 5 bukta logos on the last season's strip, were you complaining about that?

18 Kiwis? Do you mean 6 (sets of 3 circles - which = 1 x their logo) - 3 on the top, 1 on the shorts and one on each sock.

There are three kiwis in each set of three circles though, so technically 18 is indeed the correct kiwi headcount :D

what does "Sublimated Dry Fit Pique" mean?

I tried to get a definition for 'sublimated', but Sublimation_(psychology) and nope

I think it means it's a standard canterbury product thats been personalised or motherwellised to be more accurate

http://www.xpres.co.uk/?gclid=CLPzzP3y7ZoCFQ9JagodtRYpCQ