Pre Season Friendly Announced

MuffDiver_92

Really pleased to hear that, good test for the new season ahead. Wonder if MM knows already that most of our pre-season will involve trying to negotiate the Europa League preliminary prelimnary etc etc rounds..........

Off-topic and this may have been answered somewhere else but IF we get to Europe will we play our home games at Fir Park or somewhere like Broadwood?

Sure I read that the first game would be early July and that we would have to play at Broadwood or whatever Airdrie's ground is called due to our pitch repairs.

Oh, and I couldn't really care less about pre-season friendlies. Total rip-off IMO.

When was the last time we had a Premiership team in a Pre-season friendly at Fir Park?

Can only think of Everton in 2005 and before that did Fulham and Birmingham not play us in 2002?

I'm struggling to remember myself - think you might be right with Everton.

Good to see a premiership team coming.

First time I seen Faddy was in a friendly vs Aston Vanilla in 2000?

Off-topic and this may have been answered somewhere else but IF we get to Europe will we play our home games at Fir Park or somewhere like Broadwood?

it says in the article that the wigan game would be the only home game before the season starts, so to me that takes into account possible Europa fixtures.

Sure I read that the first game would be early July and that we would have to play at Broadwood or whatever Airdrie's ground is called due to our pitch repairs.

Oh, and I couldn't really care less about pre-season friendlies. Total rip-off IMO.

Totally agree mate, always thought we should get into pre season games for nothing as a thank you from the club to season ticket holders, to charge for these warm up training games is a farce, and although having went to some when i was a lad wouldnt pay for now.

Totally agree mate, always thought we should get into pre season games for nothing as a thank you from the club to season ticket holders, to charge for these warm up training games is a farce, and although having went to some when i was a lad wouldnt pay for now.

To be fair, they don't charge very much and our clubs needs as much help in the way of funds as we can give :)

I'm one of the older school who remember pre-season's as part of the season ticket package. Whilst I would still prefer that it remained so, even if I have to pay to see a game at Fir Park I'm still a sucker and will do so even if it is a pre-season.

I think there's a balance to be struck though. Its fairly obvious that a Premiership team aren't just going to come and play us out of the goodness of their heart and there will be costs incurred in attracting them to Motherwell. So long as the admission isn't overly excessive then I'm happy enough at that.

I'd personally hope for 2 home games per pre-season and a tenner a pop for those would seem reasonable to me. Any more than that then I would hope the club would be a bit more creative for example using last year as an example they could have offered the 3 friendlies for £25 say offering a fiver of a saving.