Four Years Ago Today

MJC_MKI

Celtic were coming here to Fir Park to win the league championship and be presented with the trophy on our own patch, which our chairman openly welcomed and asked Well fans if they would mind very much giving up the Cooper Stand for this game but was politely told to fuck off. Even so, many of their fans had bought tickets for the home end ensuring a poisonous atmosphere at this game as it would surely be a formality for them seeing as all they needed to do was beat us for the fourth time that season and they would be Champions...

But it didn't turn out like that and we all know what happened :huh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/4565659.stm

5bqzag2ry.jpg

Less we forget!! :huh:

Just out of interest who do you think would walk into our first team from that squad..

Motherwell: Marshall, Corrigan, Craigan, Kinniburgh, Fagan, Foran, Kerr, Fitzpatrick (Clarkson 88), Paterson, Scott McDonald, Hamilton (Britton 85). Subs Not Used: Corr, Higgins, Connolly, Keogh, Smith

Aside from Craigan (Fitzy should not be in the first team)...i'd probably take back Corrigan at that point, McDonald and Paterson

It was a beautiful day. We'll never forget it. And more importantly.....neither will they!

Well said!

Fantastic day. I remember a Celtic fan offering me over £100 for my ticket and me telling him where to go. They seriously thought they had it won before the game had even kicked off. Served them right.

Don't think I have ever been so nervous in a game that didn't mean too much to us in terms of league position/cup etc. Great memories!

It was a beautiful day. We'll never forget it. And more importantly.....neither will they!

You better believe it they will never forget it.

Even now, after them winning the league for three years on the trot since that they are still talking about this Sunday's decider as being "another chance to bury the ghosts of black Sunday". :huh:

The phrase "Couldn't happen to a better mob" was surely invented for that glorious, glorious day.

Thing is I can't help but remember MJC totally writing us off to the point he wisnae going to the game IIRC :huh:

Well, I had totally written us off, but you're thinking of the CIS Semi the following season. I said on here that if we won the game I would buy everyone's ticket for the final. :P

Thankfully I've grown up a little bit since then though and don't post quite such daft shit anymore. :huh:

Well, I had totally written us off, but you're thinking of the CIS Semi the following season. I said on here that if we won the game I would buy everyone's ticket for the final. :P

Thankfully I've grown up a little bit since then though and don't post quite such daft shit anymore. :huh:

Ach there wis so many I got a bitty mixed up :D

I enjoyed it anyroadup :huh:

Good ol' Turkish fez that...

Was some game, I think I was sat behind Johnstone for it, and some of the banter flying around was tremendous, so much so that when we scored I ended up half way doon the stairs on my arse, giving the fingers to some Celtic fans I recognised walking past me.

Remember the night well, as I had a History exam in the morning so couldn't stay too long in the pub and was raging. I then failed the bloody exam.

Missed this game :nod:

It is one match I would have loved to have been at.

Watched it in a pub in Killie with my 2 mates (1 Rangers fan, 1 Celtic fan).

My Rangers mate kept saying "you's are shite etc" and I just pointed out that they hadn't killed the game off and that it would only take a second for us to change who won the title.

When Skippy scored I was jumping around, taunting and laughing at my Celtic supporting mate that much I genuinely thought he was about to burst into tears.

It certainly was the most poisonous build up and atmosphere I've ever seen for any Well game. I was offered a sizeable amount for my remaining season ticket voucher and refused. I kinda wish I'd sold it, the thought of that particular mhanky spending WAY over the odds to watch the biggest disappointment of his life is a hilarious one!

The only drawback was the other lot benefitting from it and thinking we'd done it for them, then trying to be our best pals. Fuck off!

it couldn't have worked out any better, being able to see their pain up close, while grabbing and shaking them and telling them exactly what we thought of them. best day ever.

i also think things would have kicked off in the east if we hadn't of scored . it was great to see stewards having to wade into the aisles to rescue some daft tim who celebrated sutton's goal. hopefully dundee united aren't afraid to stand up the h*n invaders.

edit - H_U_N

According to teflon McLeish this week he assumed "legendary status" after his tactical genuis won the H*ns the league in 04/05

The amount of utter crap that man talks is unbelievable;the 2 league titles he won while "managing" the blue bigots could have very easily gone the other way

It certainly was the most poisonous build up and atmosphere I've ever seen for any Well game. I was offered a sizeable amount for my remaining season ticket voucher and refused. I kinda wish I'd sold it, the thought of that particular mhanky spending WAY over the odds to watch the biggest disappointment of his life is a hilarious one!

The only drawback was the other lot benefitting from it and thinking we'd done it for them, then trying to be our best pals. Fuck off!

Whilst walking up to the game with Toxteth I had some neanderthal come up to me and try to persuade me to part with my ticket for £400. When it became clear to the tit that I wasn't for parting with it he then gave it theold shite about only pretending to want to buy it. I'd love to have been able to part with it and been able to sit nearby and ask him if it was worth it some 92 minutes in!