Pa

'WellGall

just would like to know what the hell is happening with the p.a system as it is totally f****d and the guy at halftime kept getting cut off also when the board went up for added time the system was crackly and you cant make the guy out when he reads the teams or the subs dony know what it is like in the cooper or main stand but the east stand is shite :evilgrin:

just would like to know what the hell is happening with the p.a system as it is totally f****d and the guy at halftime kept getting cut off also when the board went up for added time the system was crackly and you cant make the guy out when he reads the teams or the subs dony know what it is like in the cooper or main stand but the east stand is shite :evilgrin:

We've all been moaning about this for years now and been told it's being looked at and even repaired. It is now worse than ever and it is a matter of time before someone in the ground doesn't hear an important announcement due to an emergency, lost child etc etc., surely it must come into the health and safety category too and has to be up to a certain standard.

Last week we were clapping a group of lads walking around the park and no one knew who they were because we couldn't hear, same today. :lol:

They need to take whatever they have at the turnstyles and put it inside the ground. Waiting to go through pre-match, we were nearly deafened when the "test" message went out. However, inisde, you could barely make out a single word which was said.

How did the announcer know how much time was added on???? the board was blank when it was put up, was it not??

I'm not a regular in the east stand but every time I've been in it, i've never known who's coming on for who!! personally I think the P.a system is easy to hear in the cooper and PoD [even in the South Stand]

I think the problem is that there seems to be a slight time lapse between each of its speakers so in the East Stand there can be several bits of the same message crossing over each other , or is it just that the PA system is Shite ?

Last week we were clapping a group of lads walking around the park and no one knew who they were because we couldn't hear, same today. :lol:

For the record, the boys going round last week were Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers under-10s, who sent two teams down to a tournament in Lytham St Anne's and won the trophy, with both teams making it to the final and one of them beating last year's champions, Morcambe, who boasted players from Man U and Liverpool.

Yesterday, it was three of Motherwell Pro-Youth sqauds: the under-11s, under-12s and under-13s and a few from the older squads.

I only know because I was lucky enough to have my boys involved on each occasion - if I'd had to rely on the tannoy, I'd never have known. If there was an emergency announcement, God knows how they would get the message over.

I personally heard Ian Stillie quote £200,000 as the price to replace the system. If that IS the case you can see why they won't do it. I'd rather invest that money elsewhere and have a better on the park product and a crap P.A. system than a cracking P.A. system and utter dross on the grass................like St. Mirren.

Maybe instead of the PA system we coud adopt a system of chinese whispers, The announcement starts in the Phil and by the time it reaches the East Stand will end up as someones shopping list, canny be any worse than what we've got already :lol:

How did the announcer know how much time was added on???? the board was blank when it was put up, was it not??

I'm not a regular in the east stand but every time I've been in it, i've never known who's coming on for who!! personally I think the P.a system is easy to hear in the cooper and PoD [even in the South Stand]

Are you kiddin on? Cant you just look at the players?

I wonder what's needed to fix it - is it the speakers?, is it the amp?

Like a lot of the stuff that needs done in the stadium there's probably folk on here capable of helping out (or know someone who could help out) if we knew exactly what was needed.

I heard that use of the PA system would be discontinued from next season and replaced by a series of Tic Tac men strategically seated around the ground. :lol:

But then we'd all need to sit down else the moaners would complain they couldnae see the half time scores ^_^

But then we'd all need to sit down else the moaners would complain they couldnae see the half time scores :lol:

I remember the old days when the put the half time scores up on boards but you needed to buy a programme to know who was planing in Game A, B etc. As I could never afford a programme I never knew the scores nor cared, PA's are for poofs :D