Calderwood Leaves The Dons

'WellGall

As I said earlier, Leitchy with an experienced number two would probably be the prudent choice and best way of keeping the continuity going at the club.

Suppose it's all conjecture at the moment but if he does folllow MM (if MM goes at all of course), I think Mio currently doing youth at Celtic might be a good choice if say wee Tommy joined him as a number two. All about 'reigniting the family spirit' you know! :lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. Mark McGhee has been excellent for us and I don't think there is anyone out there (given our lack of pulling power) that could do better. I think he is the best manager in the SPL, hence the speculation about Aberdeen/Celtic. If he goes it's bad news.

As far as the Hearts thing is concerned I can't believe Well fans are still bitter about that. He was offered a job at a bigger club with more money and he turned it down to stay with us. His only crime was that he thought about it.

I am a Well fan but in my view if he does get offered the Dons job he would be making a mistake not to take it (he should have taken the Hearts). He would leave with my best wishes.

Not the politically correct thing to say, but you are right, McGhee did make a mistake for him personally by not going to Hearts. The concept of loyalty in football is dead - fans are so fickle that to base any career decision on loyalty to them or to a club is just laughable. McGhee got little credit for sticking by the club last season, so he should do the sums.

Naturally, I hope he has another misguided attack of conscience and sticks by a team that can offer him much less in terms of career prospects and reward. I actually there are strong prospects that he will be daft enough to do this! :lol:

But if he doesn't, then good luck to Boyle in finding anyone near as good as him.

I did see Plymouth's progress after Williamson took over from Sturrock and it was not pretty, not pretty at all.

ffs will we ever learn about appointing first time managers?

Scott Leitch, while obviously a good club man, is most definately not the man to take on the manager's job.

Spot on. Leitch has a job for life at Motherwell as far as I'm concerned. But not as Number 1 - not now anyway. It will be Malpas all over again, except I reckon Leitch has even fewer contacts in the game than Malpas had through his Scotland work. This will lead to VERY poor signings.

IF McGhee goes it should be experience that comes in. I wouldn't be adverse to a furrener coming in either.

It's Celtic, they always take the cheap option.

If McGhee can take us to third with no money.....then am sure he'll win the league with their money. Have you seen how bad Rangers are(some of their players cannae even scramble a egg,BROADFOOT, BROADFOOT, BROADFOOT)????

Celtic hordes are fickle and thick, they'll love McGhee....they don't like Strachan because he's not a "Celtic man", even though he won 6 trophies(including three championships in four years) and qualification to the later rounds of the Champions League....that's mare than Martin O'Neill ever did but they see him as a god!!!!.

It will be a nig name. That crazy guy, Bilic or someone.

Didn't Bilic turn down a Premiership club to stay at Croatia, or did I make that up!? :huh:

Although I can see why he'd be on the Celtic radar...

"Thought to be a common practising Catholic, he has been seen many times proclaiming his love for his religion, thanking it for his success. He is known to often carry a medallion of Pope John Paul II, which he accidentally dropped during a celebration and re-showed respect for by kissing it three times before pocketing it again."

NO CHANCE the sellick hoardes would want McGhee - a man who 'guided' a team from 3rd to 7th with a poor 'big game' and cup history too.

Forget it.

It will be a nig name. That crazy guy, Bilic or someone.

Ruud Gullit? :huh:

I think Celtic will try to get someone of a higher profile, as for Aberdeen I don't know tbh, I think if he was offered the job he would probably take it! McGhees linked with goin to another club every second week its a royal pain in the arse!

If he does go I'd have liked us to go for the legend that is Ian Holloway but he became the Blackpool manager last week so thats him ruled out!