Mmg Off To Celtic

Easy Target

:):(

As soon as Tango man buggers off, Strachan resigns at Porkheid.

Maybe because he is of the "Aberdeen family" he is shooting up the East coast to be with his pal Willie " I'm the ref" Miller.

MCGhee will be off to London Road and Owen Coyle is coming back to Lanarkshire to join the Dossers because they gave him a game at the Masters.

Whit a load of P**h.

Lets just wait and see what happens.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think he will go to celtic i think he is more likely to end up at aberdeen but i hope he doesnt i think he will give us 1 more year and possibly leave next summer but its every year he's going here and going there until he leaves he is OUR manager with a job here to do . mon the well :)

I'm thinking McGhee might well be staying where he is for next season. I can see him holding out with the hope of landing Celtic job with Aberdeen filling the vacancy in the meantime and him being stuck where he is.

Provided he considers that possiblity and keeps trying to land players for our squad that he thinks can do a job it may be best thing all round for ourselves if he can recreate the magic of his first season.

My only real concern is he goes after a protracted process or he misses out on possible players for us with the air of uncertainty about.

I'm thinking McGhee might well be staying where he is for next season. I can see him holding out with the hope of landing Celtic job with Aberdeen filling the vacancy in the meantime and him being stuck where he is.

Provided he considers that possiblity and keeps trying to land players for our squad that he thinks can do a job it may be best thing all round for ourselves if he can recreate the magic of his first season.

My only real concern is he goes after a protracted process or he misses out on possible players for us with the air of uncertainty about.

More I think about it, the more this seems likely. While they are both jobs he might want, I reckon for various reasons he might get offered neither...

Has anyone else heard that the man lined up as our nexy manager is George Burley?

I got a text a few minutes ago from a mate in Edinburgh.

I would LOVE that. Doubt we could afford it though.

Obviously there's gonnae be 100000 twists and turns before the season starts, but IF we need to bring someone new in, someone with a decent bit of experience would hopefully be a preference.

Either way, whether it's Shellick, Aberdeen or staying with us, I hope it's done and dusted ASAP.

If he is going to Aberdeen, I would imagine that they are in the market for the same standard of player as us. I hope that MMG wouldn't hold of signing a player for the 'Well in the knowledge that he could get him later for Aberdeen.

Motherwell boss Mark McGhee has been recommended by departing Celtic manager Gordon Strachan as his replacement at Parkhead, BBC Sport understands.

Where does it actually say anywhere that Strachan has even mentioned McGhee's name? ^_^

Anyone else smell that? ^_^

Strachan has been gone less than 24hrs 'n already the sh!t is flowing.

If McGhee goes he goes, its not the end of the world. Personaly i think he'd be great a celtic.

In recent years, apart from malpas, we've done quite well as far as managers go so whats the worry?

If we'd had a better season Noah might have been up there as first choice for both those jobs, fact is we bombed and his reputation might have suffered accordingly. If that's the case it will all have been worth it.

We didn't bomb. We bombed before McGhee joined.

Yeah, I'm sure his reputation has really 'suffered' from finishing 7th in the SPL with Motherwell!

He's just not the hot ticket item he was last season since Coyle has won the play-off down south but when McGhee leaves he'll go to a bigger team than us.

We didn't bomb. We bombed before McGhee joined.

Yeah, I'm sure his reputation has really 'suffered' from finishing 7th in the SPL with Motherwell!

He's just not the hot ticket item he was last season since Coyle has won the play-off down south but when McGhee leaves he'll go to a bigger team than us.

Bombed, figure of speech, of course it was a reasonable season in the bigger picture but compared to last season his stock has inevitably hit a low

We're in agreement about this, you just don't know it ^_^

Just spoken to Shellic buddy who has said that the top brass at their midden have looked into spending some dosh and have made tentative enquiries with the ex Ajax boss, Marco Van Basten. Seems to be a change in direction for them!!!!