Mmg Off To Celtic

Easy Target

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mcghee can fuck off for all i'm concerned. lost all respect for him after all that shit with him whorin himself out to everyone last time. fuckin c**t. they are welcome to him. useless fuck. some of his tactical decisions have been fuckin rotten this season as well. i said it months ago and i'll say it again. Mark McGhee is a whore!

Mebbes now we can get someone who aint gonna constantly want to be elsewhere. Aye, he's done a great job at Fir Park. But, during the entire time he was Boss, how much of it did we spend wondering when he'd leave compared to any other manager we've ever had?

Mebbes now we can get someone who aint gonna constantly want to be elsewhere. Aye, he's done a great job at Fir Park. But, during the entire time he was Boss, how much of it did we spend wondering when he'd leave compared to any other manager we've ever had?

Is that not because he was a higher standard than most managers we have had? I don't see people moaning at Terry Butcher when he left us up shit creek with Malpish! Is that because we knew there were better managers than Butcher out there for us? Unfortunately we had a season of Malpish before that happened

i think most of us if we're honest, knew that when MMG came to Fir Park he would only be here for a season or 2 ?!

He proved his worth to me when we finished 3rd and made Europe with what was effectively the same team Malpish almost had us relegated with.

when he moves on my only concern is who do we get to replace him ?

what realistically does our managers post have to offer ??

little or no funds in the transfer market, a dwindling fan base, a home support that are reknowned in British footballing circles for being one of the most vocal home team abusers !!,

a stadium that tbh has seen better days, and a decimated team for the start of the new season !! :huh:

not exactly an attractive package when you look at it :nod:

we were extremely lucky to have MMG, and for that I wish him all the best when he goes, and I for one think that we will only truly realise what we had once he is gone, and we are back to the Terry Butcher /Malpish calibre of manager again, fighting relegation season after season !!

Fingers crossed that John Boyle can pull another masterstroke and find and recruit another manager of MMG's calibre !!

the next few weeks will be very interesting to say the least ;)

'Mon the 'Well !!!

when he moves on my only concern is who do we get to replace him ?

what realistically does our managers post have to offer ??

little or no funds in the transfer market, a dwindling fan base, a home support that are reknowned in British footballing circles for being one of the most vocal home team abusers !!,

a stadium that tbh has seen better days, and a decimated team for the start of the new season !! ;)

not exactly an attractive package when you look at it :nod:

You say that but any time there's a management job in football, there's a queue around the block for it. OK, some of the candidates will be better than others (remember Joe Miller applied the last time :huh: ), but there will be someone in there who will meet our needs. The easy task the Motherwell board now have is finding the diamond in the rough... ;)

You say that but any time there's a management job in football, there's a queue around the block for it. OK, some of the candidates will be better than others (remember Joe Miller applied the last time :huh: ), but there will be someone in there who will meet our needs. The easy task the Motherwell board now have is finding the diamond in the rough... ;)

thats the problem though !!

for every Tommy McLean out there, there's 50 Maurice Malpas's !!

we picked up the diamond the last time, but I'm just not so confident this time :nod:

but we'll just have to wait and see .......fingers crossed ;)

He might still. Shellic refusing to meet WBA's demands....

Celtic hope for Mowbray walkout

By Site Editor Tuesday, 9th June 2009

Hoops out to avoid compensation clause

Celtic are pinning their hopes on Albion manager Tony Mowbray walking out on the club after refusing to meet the £2 million compensation clause in his contract.

The drawn out saga has taken a fresh twist today after Jeremy Peace’s stern statement yesterday insisted Mowbray would go nowhere unless the club’s valuation was met.

As a result, Celtic have contacted their governing body, the Scottish Football Association, who confirmed that if Mowbray was to resign from The Hawthorns no compensation would be required to sign the Baggies boss. The English Football Association has also confirmed the ruling.

"If Tony Mowbray were to resign his position with West Bromwich Albion and then join Celtic then, as far as we are concerned, there would be no statutory requirement for Celtic to pay compensation," SFA spokesman Rob Shorthouse confirmed.

"Mr Mowbray's contract is not lodged with the SFA so there is no question of compensation as far as we are concerned. West Bromwich Albion may adopt a different position but that would be our stance on the matter."

If Mowbray were to resign from his post a spokesperson for the FA confirmed that Albion would not be in line for any indemnity from the Scottish runners-up as there is no such agreement concerning the matter between the FA and the SFA.

“There is no formal arrangement for this, as there clearly is when it comes to players making a cross-border move while under contract," he said.

"It would depend on the terms of severance in the individual manager's contract. Usually, any money paid in these situations is to cover managers breaking their contracts rather than compensation as such.

"The situation is entirely contractual and depends on what the individual is obliged to do."

With reports north of the border suggesting Mowbray has already agreed to become the new boss at Parkhead one option for the former Hibs boss is to buy out his contract – once he’d resigned. However, that would mean Mowbray having to pay hefty tax and national insurance payments – which Celtic are likely to cover.

I've said since Saturday that this Mowbray deal will fall through and it looks more and more likey.

That is only going to draw this whole saga out even longer as it will probably mean that McGhee won't be appointed at Aberdeen until Celtic have their manager sorted out.

I wonder how fondly wee Tommy would be remembered if we didn't go on the cup run that year....

(just being devil's advocate here - but people tend to look at his period through C&A-tinted specs)

Ah dunno, Haggis, he did get us to within a couple of games of winning the league in his final season in charge (93-94) as well and with a fantastic team too. He was just getting the whole thing right and then the board at the time failed to meet his relatively modest ambitions for the club.

He was just getting the whole thing right and then the board at the time failed to meet his relatively modest ambitions for the club.

That's partly the point I am trying to make by playing Devil's Advocate. Seems like there were many years of mediocrity before we got to that stage and, by christ, did he ever take pelters from the stands. He got it tight, week in and week out. I can't remember off teh top of my head - was he manager for 10 years?

Aye, wee Tommy did a great job of developing his First Division winning team into one that challenged for the SPL title. On a small budget, he managed to slowly turn his 'safety-first' approach into a good footballing side with players like Cooper and Russell etc. He was a pretty shrewd tactician too - a bit like his crabbit big brother.

It shows you what can be done with a small budget if you give a manager some time. Mind you, these days I can't see any boss sticking with us for 10 years.

That's partly the point I am trying to make by playing Devil's Advocate. Seems like there were many years of mediocrity before we got to that stage and, by christ, did he ever take pelters from the stands. He got it tight, week in and week out. I can't remember off teh top of my head - was he manager for 10 years?

He was, mate, took over before the start of 84-85 when we had just been relegated to the First with a piss-poor squad of complete no-hopers. Got us promoted (after leaving Morton who had just won the First Division to come to us) and, although we survived through reconstruction, took us slowly but surely to a team to be reckoned with and a cup win - and that season we should've won the league. To think we were that close!

Wee Tommy was results driven. Often that meant boring but effective defensive football. Many fans go on at length about his great signings and with justification but by the same token he also made more than his fair share of dud signings.

Still who would criticise his methods given his achievements?

I for one do not give a monkeys how good Tommy McLean was!!! To me he is a LEGEND!!!!!!! And i am looking at it thru claret and amber tinted specs!!!! He gave me the best day of my life!!! I have only saw the Well lift one cup in ma life and it may be the only one!!!! Thats good enuff for me . The only thing he done that annoyed me was sign for the jambo scum!!!!!

I still remember many a time the chorus' of "Tommy, Tommy get tae fuck" that was a frequent occurrence at Fir Park when I was a youngling. In fact as a youngling going to the football it was one of the first songs I knew... Now he is classed as a legend, no one can doubt that really, but then he was not the most favoured person at Fir Park.

I remember it vividly but thats Motherwell fans for you sometimes we are the worst fans in the world!!!!! Then you get the march to the Nancy stadium and we are the best. But when i hear Tommy Mclean all i remember is 18.05.91. That may be wrong but i can't help it!!!!!