Europe, Here We Come!

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb news, and something to look forward to in late June. It now gives us a hugely interesting and exciting pre-season as long as we can progress through the rounds. Not sure I'll be able to make away games due to a new job, but some decent home games to look forward to.

Now, all we need is our manager to stay and 6 new players....!! :P

June 22nd is the next big day on two fronts. The players return from a rather shortened break, and that's the day of the draw for the first two preliminary rounds of the Europa League qualifying in Nyon.

Having the Away leg first would suit us since it's our first competitive match, losing the first leg at home could kill our run unless we get welsh,irish or faroes team

Was thinking the same myself. Glad that we were in Nacy for the first leg in September - losing didn't ruin the trip as we still had hope for the game at Fir Park.

hey lads, I'm a dons fan and the only reason I was lurking on here was to see what well boys thought about mcghee leaving etc. But I noticed that you are all excited about Europa league! Well I use the red ultra forum and I have posted up all the qualifiers etc. I can copy it over here if anyone wants it. Lists all possible teams and that, it's a good reference. Obviously there are still teams to qualify yet but I've been updating the thread as it comes through.

Good luck in Europe!! Hope well and dons reach group stage!!

hey lads, I'm a dons fan and the only reason I was lurking on here was to see what well boys thought about mcghee leaving etc. But I noticed that you are all excited about Europa league! Well I use the red ultra forum and I have posted up all the qualifiers etc. I can copy it over here if anyone wants it. Lists all possible teams and that, it's a good reference. Obviously there are still teams to qualify yet but I've been updating the thread as it comes through.

Good luck in Europe!! Hope well and dons reach group stage!!

Cheers mate. What's the Dons fans view on McGhee as their next manager? I think most people on here are aware that McGhee wants to further his career but don't necessarily see that happening with Aberdeen. I think the lure of Pittodrie may tempt him but personally I think he would prefer a move nearer to his home in Brighton.

I've always felt it was inevitable that he would leave and, whether we like it or not, Aberdeen are a bigger club than us with more potential for success. However, whether that potential is enough for MMG or whether he'll hold out for a bigger job, we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully us sneaking into Europe will be enough to persuade him that the gap between the clubs isn't big enough to justify the switch.

I also think that sacking Jimmy Calderwood after doing a pretty good job will have potential managers hesitating, so we'll just have to wait and see.